Drew

WWF Living Planet Report 2010 webcast

Shot at Wildscreen in Bristol 2 weeks ago, the WWF living planet report. Interesting statistics including our rate of consumption of resources have sky rocketed to the point we need 1.5x the resources of the planet to meet this consumption. It also shows the poor are suffering the biggest brunt of the consequences of our consumption. The report can be downloaded here:

http://assets.panda.org/downloads/lpr2010.pdf

[vimeohd]15832563[/vimeohd]

I think that the mayor problem with us is that we only act when we see the problem, if we don't see the problem then we do whatever we like.

I personally think that we must respect the earth not because of the environmental problems, but because we simply must respect it.

The kind of thought like "If it's not broke don't fix it" doesn't work for me.

Because we cannot fix extinction, and I'm talking about our extinction.

After seeing the oil spill in the gulf of Mexico and after reading things like death zones in the ocean, I think that we have the power to kill our planet. I'm not talking about the species living on the planet, I mean the planet it self.

If you look at the planet as a whole, the earth is one big living creature. If it's alive, we can kill it.

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE! :D

Let's work on controlling human population growth (touchy subject I know!) by spending less resources on saving human lives and more on saving our environment!?

We're just pissn' up a rope without attempting both concurrently.

Mike

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE! :D

Let's work on controlling human population growth (touchy subject I know!) by spending less resources on saving human lives and more on saving our environment!?

We're just pissn' up a rope without attempting both concurrently.

Mike

"Less resources on saving human lives?" Really? It's no wonder more people don't take "environmentalists" seriously!

"Less resources on saving human lives?" Really? It's no wonder more people don't take "environmentalists" seriously!

:D Like I said it's a touchy subject!

Have a better solution? Let's hear it please!

Mike

Sponsors

Advertisements