Sign in to follow this  
Sølve

pt-005 and olympus c-4000

Well, i recently got the pt-005 for my olympus c-4000 .. that house is originally not designed for the c-4000, but it fits perfectly anyway.. Is there any problem with that, that I should know about?

I'm also wondering a bit about maintnance of the housing, about silicon to put on o-rings etc. Is it only the main o-ring that I should grease, or every single one to each button? I'm not sure if I can get to them at all..

Can you recommend some external flash, as cheap as possible? I looked at some, costing 700-800$, which is way over my budget.

Any other things that I should know? even the most basic things is probably of good use to me.. the manual for the housing is in japaneese, so I cant get much from it:)

thanks in advance!

There is no problem, it works perfectly. I took many nice pictures with that combination.

I can't really advise about the other items, I always only lubricated the main O-ring, and only used the internal flash - it worked fine for most pictures.

Look at http://www.marscuba.com/instructions.html for some info on how to use and look after the housing. And say thank you to Matt.

Well, I bought my PT-005 for my 2020 in Japan. I had the same thoughts as you when I moved up to the 4040. I bought a PT-010 anyway. Looking at the back, all buttons seem to be the same. Not sure if they line up the same, but they appear to be in the same place. For O-Ring maintenance, you just lube the one major O-ring. Use the pick and remove the ring, swab out the o-ring groove to remove any particles, wash and regrease the ring itself. With the grease, a lil dab'll do ya. Ain't necessary or wise to overdo it. Good luck. Should be fine. Test it out before putting in the camera.

--John

There's no pick included with the PT-005, but you can use a thin plastic card or similar.

URL to instructions page has been provided by Jola, thanks.

If you need any further help or instructions, please feel free to e-mail directly.

Best of luck,

Allright, thanks alot for the help, specially to you marscuba. I'll print and read that manual now.

I already tested that the house is completely waterproof on a dive, so I'll test with camera on monday. Can barely wait... :rolleyes:

Hey.. another question, thought I'd post it in the same thread... That little bag that removes air-moisture, how often should I replace that?

You should use two fresh ones for each dive.

I say fresh, and not new, because you can dry them in a microwave. Put a couple on a plate for 60 sec, maybe a second time if necessary - it works well.

An stove of sorts would also work well.

Also, visit your local PC assembler and get some from him. A lot of components come with these driers in the bags. Ideally, he should put them in a sealed bag for you so that they don't accumulate moisture.

For some examples of PT005 / C-4000z images, have a look at

www.pbase.com/jola13/phuket. Just examples, mind you, I am sure that you can do much better. I just fiddle around with this stuff.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements