Sign in to follow this  
atcdiver

FS: Seacam 5D housing and camera kit

Greetings everyone,

I am upgrading to a new camera and housing kit, which means I have one kit too many. I am selling a Seacam Silver 5D housing with all the extras. The housing is in excellent condition. It comes with the highly regarded SD Superdome dome port, a PL150 macro flat port, an S180 viewfinder, a PLV20 port extension. The ports and extensions were purchased for use with the Canon 15mm fisheye, 17-40 zoom, and 100mm macro in mind. Of course, they can be used with many other lenses but this combo covered all the bases for me.

The housing has two Nikonos-style bulkheads and two dovetail bases for Ultralight strobe arms. The glass is clean on both ports and the rear LCD window. The dome port hood has some scuffs on the bottom and some minor scratches on the top but no marks on the glass. The kit includes Seacam branded neoprene covers for both ports and the viewfinder, and end caps and plugs for the ports and housing. Also included are oodles of spare parts, o-rings, grease, allen wrenches, etc.

The camera is in very good condition. It shows no signs of wear except for the hot shoe where some of the edges have been worn down to the brass. It comes with all original accessories - box, owners manual, strap, charger, original software, cords, blank warranty card, etc. I'll even throw in a spare battery. The camera is also covered by a Mack Warranty, which can be transferred to the new owner for a $20.00 fee.

The kit comes in a Pelican 1610 roller case with custom cutouts for everything you need. This is a turnkey system except for strobes and strobe arms. If you already have strobes or are planning to buy them separately, then you are ready to hit the water. I used Ikelite DS-160 strobes and chargers and Ultralight strobe arms with this kit. When everything was packed up, the kit weighed 49 pounds, just under the maximum allowable for checked baggage these days.

Listed below are the prices I paid for the items in the kit. If you check Seacam's web site, you'll see that their current prices have gone up a little or a lot.

Seacam Silver 5D housing $5,200

Seacam S180 viewfinder $2,000

Seacam SD Superdome $2,000

Seacam P150 flat port $400

Seacam PLV20 port extension $250

Seacam neoprene lens caps $120

Seacam focus gear $250

Seacam neoprene parts bag $50

Canon 5D SLR body $2,900

Canon 5D spare battery $70

Total $13,240

I will take $6,900 for the whole kit. Buyer pays shipping and insurance. I prefer to sell the housing kit and camera together but I will consider selling them separately if the offer is right. You can view two dozen higher-res photos of the kit at this web page: http://wildlifeimaging.com/seacam.htm

If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at randy@wildlifeimaging.com

http://wildlifeimaging.com/index.html

post-4138-1290710412.jpg

Price reduction just in time for the holidays! Now $6,400.

Price reduced again! Man, you guys drive a hard bargain. It may not be clear in the original ad, but the kit does include the Pelican case. In addition, I will throw in a pair of ULCS rubber handles. They are far more comfortable and "grippy" than the original handles. I will also throw in a Woody's wet diopter, an indispensable tool for super macro.

Best of all, I am reducing the price to $5,900 for the entire kit. You know you want it, write today!

post-4138-1292177378.jpg

Price reduced again! Man, you guys drive a hard bargain. It may not be clear in the original ad, but the kit does include the Pelican case. In addition, I will throw in a pair of ULCS rubber handles. They are far more comfortable and "grippy" than the original handles. I will also throw in a Woody's wet diopter, an indispensable tool for super macro.

Best of all, I am reducing the price to $5,900 for the entire kit. You know you want it, write today!

is it still available?

Yes, it's still available.

Edited by atcdiver

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements