rodriguezfelix

More Cenotes...

Feedback will be appreciated !

Awesome as always! One of these years I'm going to come down and do my cave or cavern cert. I LOVE the cenotes and do them every time I"m there. Where were these taken?

I've done Dos Ojos (Barbie line & Bat cave), El Eden, Temple of Doom, Grand Cenote.

Where were these taken?

Chac Mool, Kukulkan & Dos Ojos. I have to review the sequences to know which one is from where... but basically this 3´s...

They're all good images, but #4 is the winner for me! Very nice work.

Lee

Edited by newmanl

I'd say

1 - Chac mool

2 - Kukulkan

3 - Little Brother

4 - Cathedral (Chac Mool)

Were these taken today? The sunlight was gorgeous.

Great photos.

Water is so clear inside the cenotes?

Water was really clear inside cenotes, except for halocline zones...

I'd say

1 - Chac mool

2 - Kukulkan

3 - Little Brother

4 - Cathedral (Chac Mool)

Were these taken today? The sunlight was gorgeous.

Great photos.

Places seems about right... These were taken 2-3 weeks ago. Weather was a b%&7ch those days, but the days we went diving the sun took over, thankfully.

Beautiful Images....3 and 4 work for me..very nice. The second one seems a bit burnt out at the top.

Thanks for sharing,

Cheers,

Diggy

Beautiful Images....3 and 4 work for me..very nice. The second one seems a bit burnt out at the top.

Thanks for sharing,

Cheers,

Diggy

On a sunny day in the cenotes, the dynamic range is huge making it very difficult to correctly expose.

There's no way to avoid this save for a graduation filter or some severe cropping.

#4 is bloody amazing.

Too true!

The dynamic range is impressive, the composition of #4 really nice, and it really makes me want to get wet (not least as it's snowing and 20 Fahrenheit in the UK today)!

Tim

:D

On a sunny day in the cenotes, the dynamic range is huge making it very difficult to correctly expose.

There's no way to avoid this save for a graduation filter or some severe cropping.

Yeap, that's true.. the DR is huge in the cenotes, even more when you have to deal with big light entrances like in Nº2, in this case the image got burn at the sky portion and also you can appreciate a cyan/purple cast on the edge of the rock forming the entrance...

Maybe a graduated neutral density filter could do the trick here, but again with the tokina 10-17 this is not an option as far as I know.

I especially liked the last shot, a most excellent combination of subject matter, composition, and lighting blended together with great photographic skill, well done!

1 and 2 look like Taj Mahal to me.

They're all awesome photos.

Makes me look forward to my trip there in March!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks all for the good comments, as it been said get decent results at the cenotes is not piece of cake. I was actually lucky to have a dive guide just for us and that´s without saying that all the week was raining and the sun came up from time to time...

Sponsors

Advertisements