Sign in to follow this  
sethgold

Thank You IkeLite

I've heard stories about how great IkeLite's customer support is. Now it's my turn to add a testimonial. 2 weeks ago I started to go through my gear in preparation for an 11-day-trip to the Philippines. Everything worked fine in mid-October so I expected it all to be OK. Ugh oh, dead strobe. I overnight the strobe to IkeLite and have it back 5 working days later. I love this company.

No disrespect meant to the manufacturer but I think a testimonial would be worded quite differently. This comes over as unreliable equipment (Dead Strobe), but they replaced it quickly at cost to yourself? + shipping?

Can you enlighten us on the actual problem, battery/electronics/user?

No disrespect intended here, either. I love(d) my SS200s. Ikelite's service response is indeed legendary, and they are nice people. The problem is that it's necessary.

I suppose it's fine for those who live in the continental US and can get a dead strobe back within five or six days. Things don't work quite so smoothly if you live in a place like Indonesia. Both of my strobes have been back to the factory twice in the past year, which means they have spent more time in US and/or in transit between the US and Singapore or Hong Kong this year than working here. As I speak, one of my SS200s (and another belonging to a friend that I'd been using while my other SS200 was being serviced) are sitting in Singapore waiting for me to pick them up on my next trip.

But they're nice when they work.

I have just had my first experience with Ike's customer service and I have to say I was stunned by the swiftness of their response and assistance.

I had a problem with a local dealer (Thailand/Singapore) taking forever to get things repaired and had a repaired 125 strobe go belly up on me.

I contacted Ikelite directly with the problem last Thursday - on Friday morning I had an email asking if I could send some pics of the strobe - this morning I had an email from Ike asking for my address as they were going to send me a brand new strobe No charge.

Really impressive!!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements