[vimeohd]17282983[/vimeohd]

Filmed in the open waters of the Canary Islands. Panasonic HVX200 with Gates housing and SWP44 dome port. DVCPRO HD format 720pn.

I apologize by my bad English

Best regards

Edited by Rafa Herrero

Filmed in the open waters of the Canary Islands. Panasonic HVX200 with Gates housing and SWP44 dome port. DVCPRO HD format 720pn.

I apologize by my bad English

Best regards

I'm being told that 'This video does not exist' ???

Dive safe

DeanB

Awesome stuff!

I really liked the baitball footage allmost in the end of the video!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Karel

Muy bien, Rafa! I have to say the pilot whale sequence was excellent with lots of interaction behavior @ 2.38. I especially liked the overcranked look. Works very well with cetaceans. Nice capture and you gotta love that 4:2:2 color!

Really excellent video Rafa. Expecially loved the pilot whale shorts.

There seems to be so much great new u/w work around at the moment.

Behind all, many trips to the open waters, many days without shooting anything.

Thank all of you for the comments!

LOL Rafa. Out of curiosity, how many years did it take to get all that? And how much fuel? :D

Amazing stuff. I loved the Pilot whale footage also. Actually I loved it all. The blues that the Pani seems to produce are really nice and certainly helps having such great viz. Welcome to Wetpixel and thanks for sharing.

Stew

Thanks! There is some earlier footage, but most is from 2010 where we navigate 2,853 miles in 453 hours at sea :D

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing

Simply stunning, exceptional footage!

Rafa,

Some amazing clips, beautiful angles....oh I must upgrade my cam...gorgous resolution. What time of year was this filmed and off what ship?

Actually, seeing it a 2nd time, some of nicest clips I've seen.

Steve

Truly wonderful footage, Rafa!!

Great camera work, and beautiful images.

Thank you for sharing that!!

- Mary Lynn

Truly Beautiful Rafa. No need to worry about your English, the images say it all.

Thank you,

Steve

thats really amazing, I really slipped out a spontanous "wow" at the first shot of 15+ dolphins together, only to realise later in the video the same thing happened with a pod of pilot whales. Really great.

just like some others commented. What is the chance you will see some of this if you go to the Canary Islands?

The open waters are that: a day is a desert and another day are full of life. The Pilots whales are resident groups and you can see all year. For me the secret is to be patient and try to arouse their curiosity. Sure many of you have not appreciated the image of the ziphio of Blanville , it is not very good, they are very shy animals that spend less than 10 percent of his life on the surface.

Thank all of you for so many nice words!

Edited by Rafa Herrero

Well sorry Rafa, but the Blainville beaked whale can be sighted in the Hawaii and a couple of other places :P. May be if you color corrected that one shot, it'd be more noticeable :D I couldn't tell from the coloration or jawline.

For me it's the behavior of the pilots that impressed me. The shots of them looking into the camera isn't something I like but the touch play of that long shot... even though it's short, it is still a nice catch. The mother and calf clip was also nice, but would've been awesome if you had a wider shot of them swimming past for a closeup.

Hi Drew,

but the Blainville beaked whale can be sighted in the Hawaii and a couple of other places

But is it possible to film them underwater?. In the Canary Islands is really hard.

I appreciate your words, an interesting point of view. :D

Don't worry about Drew Rafa - he's like the grumpy school teacher who always has to find some fault in his pupils work!

I think the overwhelming opinion is that your film was outstanding. I actually don't think I've ever seen so much acclaim for a video posted here - well done :D

Cheers, Simon

Sponsors

Advertisements