stewsmith

Post your best ONE shot of 2010

This is one of my favorites because of the skeleton shrimp expression and pink eyes!

post-8189-1292272562.jpg

Taken in Feb 2010 in Philippines. There were some monster size skeletors that trip!

This is one of my favorites because of the skeleton shrimp expression and pink eyes!

post-8189-1292272562.jpg

Taken in Feb 2010 in Philippines. There were some monster size skeletors that trip!

Ha ha! any chance of blowing that up for us :)

I never really believe in "best" shots, but one of my recent favorites is a cormorant shot from our recent La Paz workshop

1082026877_2h9fu-L.jpg

I never really believe in "best" shots, but one of my recent favorites is a cormorant shot from our recent La Paz workshop

1082026877_2h9fu-L.jpg

Thanks Scott.

Wow that cormorant looks like it was taken from the Space Station

Some really nice images I am seeing from everyone here.

Didn't that much shooting this year, but I do have a couple favorites from Kona.

First one is a manta at night, very similar to sasdasdaf's manta image and one of the night feed it self.

But my main favorite for 2010 is the spinner dolphins taken the same day in Garden eel Cove.

post-4290-1292335457.jpg

post-4290-1292335474.jpg

post-4290-1292335491.jpg

Not my absolute fav but something i just started experimenting on and found it fun. Shallow DOF shot of a pygmy from my recent trip to Lembeh. :)

img2273t.jpg

Not taken underwater but it's scuba related, sort of. :-) I didn't get out much this year as my wife had an extremely difficult pregnancy, spending over 100 days on bed rest, most of which was in a hospital about an hour away from where we live. But it was worth it. Our twins, Finley and Teagan were born healthy and are doing great. And if I ever get some sleep again I'm looking forward to getting my camera back underwater.

TwinsScuba.jpg

I've done many exciting things this year and had lots of UW photography firsts. But with a quick think (and perhaps that is the best way to identify a favourite) my choice would be my split level basking shark - taken with the 550mm/21.6" dome-asaurus, which I've written about before. The dome might actually be finished soon (as it wasn't when I took this - and I had to borrow a camera and housing too).

It was also the first time I had swum with basking sharks - which was totally magical and I can't wait to do it again. In fact I am organising a trip in Scotland in June, if anyone is interested?

basker2.jpg

The image is a composite, although both halves taken on the same day in the same place, with same camera.

Taken with Nikon D300s, Tokina 10-17mm, Nauticam housing, domeasaur.

Alex

My favorite or favourite if you are in that part of the world.

4863951477_71d7c87330_b.jpg

Bill

I always love this gallery. So many great images from all over, great work!

Alex, the basking shark is stunning.

I've been diving all over this year and have a lot of wildlife imagery that I like, but I have to say I am most proud of this shot. Babies, much like moving wildlife, have a very small window for getting the shot. :)

1126532510_CduiJ-L.jpg

Alex, that basking shark shot is out of this world!!!

To me it is very difficult to decide which was the best picture this year. It was a year filled with travel and work in different seas. I remember greats moments in Mediterranean, Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean. I think the most enjoyed doing is this croc.

I hope you enjoy it.

Regards

CS7_9318.jpg

I think the most enjoyed doing is this croc.

I hope you enjoy it.

:)

Not a lot of diving this year, and not an unusual shot. A critter new to me and one of my most memorable dives; new discoveries shared with a special friend.

Cheers,

Marli

post-1116-1292472439.jpg

Can I reserve the right to change it if I get something better next week in Maui?

I love this shot of my wife because:

a) it's my wife

b) she's having a blast

c) it's under a really nice boat

d) I finally have a housing for my dslr.

post-23527-1292491671.jpg

This thread is one the best every year!!!

Seeing so many great shots is just amazing so thanks alot to everyone who are posting here!

It's impossible to pick a favourite, but this one is really special to me.

A gift to my mother:

post-22881-1292498682.jpg

Cheers

Karel

This is a picture that I wanted to do since a long time , it's the wheel of the Donator a deep wreck ( bottom at 50 m )close to my home near Toulon , I love colors underwater !!!

4852844923_6c1facb8be_z.jpg

Without question always one of the most loved posts of the year!

As for many others, selecting a single favourite isn’t easy, but this would be at least be my favourite nudi of the year.

I know that one school prefer to isolate their subjects completely, but I do prefer to include some of the surrounding and try to create an interest between the main subject and its surrounding.

5267510283_57efec853c_b.jpg

I am not sure that this is my best shot of the year but it is my favourite. I love it because I can never resist clownfish but also because of the tongue parasite.

127752110.jpg

post-3320-1292708349.jpgThis is not a "best" shot, but it was from the first trip I took with my new camera, a D700; and the first time I was able to shoot a full sunball with rays. Until I shoot a sunball with better composition, this is a favorite!

This shot was taken in Key Largo on Snapper Ledge during one of Stephen Frink's Digital Master Classes and it is always one of the highlights of my year.

I was just about to leave the water when I saw this French Grunt and Four Eyed Butterflyfish.

post-19424-1292712216.jpg

Edited by garyyoss

This shot was taken in Key Largo on Snapper Ledge during one of Stephen Frink's Digital Master Classes and it is always one of the highlights of my year.

I was just about to leave the water when I saw this French Grunt and Four Eyed Butterflyfish.

Boy do I need a new monitor!

Dolphin from Socorro Island, MX

4279383017_44bd5c5297_o.jpg

Jack

Edited by JackConnick

Sponsors

Advertisements