oskar

Mixing strobes, will colour temparature clash?

Hi,

I use a sea & sea YS110 strobe today, and think about getting a SB105 as an off camera slave. They do have different colour temperatures though, will this matter much?

The YS110 is 5400 ° K compared to the SB105 4700 ° K

Cheers

//O

Edited by oskar

Hi,

I use a sea & sea YS110 strobe today, and think about getting a SB105 as an off camera slave. They do have different colour temperatures though, will this matter much?

The YS110 is 5400 ° K compared to the SB105 4700 ° K

Cheers

//O

You can always use a gel to bring the 2 closer to each other. I think a 1/4 CTO on your YS110 behind the defuser should get it close to the SB105.

Reviwing old thread. My ys-110 are the primary on camera flashes, the SB105 will be used remotely with remote trigger. Will the colour difference be noted? could I put a gel filter in the SB-105s instead?

Are the SB-105 at all suitable as remote slaves? (with a additional slave-trigger)

/O

Hi Oskar

I used to use an SB105 with an Inon 220 (the predecessor to the Inon 240) and never noticed any effect from differing colour temperatures. The 105 would slave off the Inon no problem without a slave trigger. You can set the 105 to slave.

Sponsors

Advertisements