Sign in to follow this  
mcliffy2

Sipadan & Puerto Galera Nov/Dec 2010

Here is the first pic I've edited to a point I feel comfortable sharing from my Sipadan and PG trip in November thru December this year. I like it because I think the anemone "canyon" makes this pic a bit different than your standard clownfish pic. I'm new to DSLR underwater and to using Lightroom/Photoshop for editing, so it will be a slow process, but based on my initial pass, I've probably got 10 or so "keepers" that I'll be sharing in this thread. Since I'm a newbie, all constructive comment and criticism are very welcome.

5277693284_14283b9ba8_b.jpg

Borneo_Philippines-403 by mcliffy2, on Flickr

Great partner,

More please. :good:

Cheers,

Steve

The form of the anemone is amazing!!!

Very well done. :good:

Your are out of my league, so don't take my following comment too serious.

What I think can be done better next time is the blue background, it's too flat, maybe pointing up can improve things. And maybe the background could be a little more darker but that is a matter of personal taste. :good:

The form of the anemone is amazing!!!

Very well done. :good:

Your are out of my league, so don't take my following comment too serious.

What I think can be done better next time is the blue background, it's too flat, maybe pointing up can improve things. And maybe the background could be a little more darker but that is a matter of personal taste. :good:

Its my first time ever with a DSLR (and only three trips previously w/ a point and shoot), so all C&C is welcome :) By pointing up you mean in the original composition, right? You're right that the background is bit flat (you mean solid blue by that right)? The vis was pretty bad, so the water behind the anemone was a greenish hue full of particles. I used a combination of content-aware brush and lasso w/ dust and scratchesto remove a bunch of backscatter and to make the water a more pleasing blue color, but it did make it fairly flat. Any photoshop tips for editing a background thats kinda green (I know pointing up more may have helped with this in the first place) and filled with backscatter without making it too flat?

Edited by mcliffy2

By pointing up you mean in the original composition, right?

Yes

Any photoshop tips for editing a background thats kinda green (I know pointing up more may have helped with this in the first place) and filled with backscatter without making it too flat?

I'm used to dive in the mud and I think that if it's green, let it be really green :good:

Getting a good green is so difficult as getting a good blue and there are very good shots with green backgrounds, Dr Mustard has some.

I realy like the one with the nudibranch and the diver at the background.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements