Kelpfish

Diving out of Santa Barbara - TRUTH AQUATICS

Matt Segal and I are hooking up for a Limited Load trip on the Vision out of Santa Barbara's Truth Aquatics operation on Feb 18-20 (F,S,S). We booked our spots on New Years day and as of then there were 10 spots left. Would love to see some of you join us. It is something like $630 for the trip. They are really well run and LIMITED....I think it's 20 max they allow.

This is simply a casual announcement to see if any of you locals want to come along. I haven't posted here for quite some time as I have started a stock photography business and it is consuming all of my time. But I need to get out and play every now and then so herein lies my first post in probably three years or more.

I am going to get there early evening on Thursday and go to a local pizza joint for some pizza and maybe a bottle of beer if anyone wants to join me.

Hope to see some of you there.

Best in 2011.

Joe Belanger

The sustained cold waters over the past few months seem to have invigorated the local kelp population. Between storms, this winter's diving should be excellent.

Now if only I can find some new heavyweight thermalwear from REI and similar for the drysuit - anyone have recommendations?

I used a double layer jumpsuit from Bare. I believe it only cost like 150$

On the cheap go to Locha or try Cabelas online. Thermals are always cheaper when sold to hunters and not divers.

Ill be on this one , I'm hoping my 8mm will do it. The drysuit is such a hassel, I'd rather be cold, and hope for alot of sun.

Ill be on this one , I'm hoping my 8mm will do it. The drysuit is such a hassel, I'd rather be cold, and hope for alot of sun.

Glad to hear you are joining us. Look forward to meeting you.

Joe

The 3-day has been canceled due to weather. I rescheduled to be on the 2-day this weekend.

See you guys if you switch to that trip as well!

Sponsors

Advertisements