hon

Where should I go now....:(...?

Now that with the Nikonos guru Bob Warkentin closing down his Southern Nikonos repair service on 31st Dec, 2010, where would you guys go to have your precious gems serviced?

Thank you.

Now that with the Nikonos guru Bob Warkentin closing down his Southern Nikonos repair service on 31st Dec, 2010, where would you guys go to have your precious gems serviced?

Thank you.

Straight to your nearest Canon dealer.

Stew

Straight to your nearest Canon dealer.

Stew

I'm with you - ebay the precious gem for a newer, more useable precious gem. You won't regret it :dancing:

If Mike & Mike are still operational I can highly recommend them. They used to do our Nikonos service and were always very professional. We've even been to their house once when we needed an emergency service done and Mike M. did it while we waited.

But, to really answer your question, I would 'go digital' :dancing: The Nikonos was an awesome camera and all, but it's really way beyond its expiry date. Lots of current digital p&s systems way outdo the Nikonos systems in every way.

Happy new year...Time to let your Nikonos go Hon....just be brave.....and...

Go straight to your Nikon Dealer.... :dancing:

(seriously tho' - best of luck with your search....I used a motomarine ii once upon a time, so I know what u mean...then I discovered digital....and wetpixel....and everything changed .....forever.. )

FYI Kevin at www.aquaphot.com can still repair Nikonos gear in the UK, 'though I'd guess some spares are becoming scarcer by now.

Sponsors

Advertisements