Sign in to follow this  
Drone415

Monitor calibration- on the cheap???

Ive got this problem with my laptop and it's driving me batty!

The make and model of my current computer doesn't allow me to adjust the settings of the display (colour, brightness, etc...) and I just don't have any idea which representation of my images is the accurate one?

I have seen them on three different computers, and have also gone to a print shop and had prints made- but Im still not sure of anything.

Should I rely on the image that was printed as the correct representation of the image?

Thanks for your help!

Ive got this problem with my laptop and it's driving me batty!

The make and model of my current computer doesn't allow me to adjust the settings of the display (colour, brightness, etc...) and I just don't have any idea which representation of my images is the accurate one?

I have seen them on three different computers, and have also gone to a print shop and had prints made- but Im still not sure of anything.

Should I rely on the image that was printed as the correct representation of the image?

Thanks for your help!

I would imagine that if the print was made by a machine/printer that adhered to ICC profiles then it should be the accurate one? Worth asking the print shop I think.

I've just purchased a Spyder3Studio kit to calibrate myself and my friends monitors and am having the problem that the calibrated display is, apparently, correct according to the Spyder3 but black backgrounds that look as if there is no information in them will display details when the profile is removed and the display is brightened.

I use a Spyder 2 for calibration on my laptop and desktop monitor. Both monitors look close to the same for the same file and prints match the on-screen appearance. The Spyder was low cost and has been working fine since the purchase.

I use a Spyder 2 for calibration on my laptop and desktop monitor. Both monitors look close to the same for the same file and prints match the on-screen appearance. The Spyder was low cost and has been working fine since the purchase.

Does that hardware work if you cant adjust the colour, brightnes, etc settings on your monitor?

On another note- the webpage of the shop that I visited has a list of ICC profiles, but I haven't the faintest idea how they apply or work! Help!!!

http://www.iqlab.co.th/index.php?lay=show&...le&Ntype=14

Edited by Drone415

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements