Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Get your picture printed on a credit card

So my credit card from Capitol One is about to expire and I took the opportunity to take advantage of the personalized credit card photo service they had. They just approved the pic ((apparently they have to approve all pics in case people put risqué images on their credit cards (which actually is the point of having such a credit card! But I digress!)

Anyhow here is the sample they sent me:

post-1861-1295146775.jpeg

Might want to black out the number Drew. I've been thinking about a new lens or two. :) Cool idea!

Cheers,

Steve

Go ahead and use it. Just wait for the cops when you're done. :)

Go ahead and use it. Just wait for the cops when you're done. :)

Crumbs! No wonder you like to be known as Drew with a name like Lee M Cardholder. Did an ancestor copy it from a sign at Ellis Island? :evilgrin: Better than Mr Lavatories I guess. :angry2:

Cheers Drew time to contact RED for a new set-up :evilgrin::)

Dive safe

Dean(This comment was only a joke and in no way is DeanB going to order 100K's worth of camera equipment from Drew's credit card)B

So my credit from Capitol One is about to expire and I took the opportunity to take advantage of the personalized credit card photo service they had. They just approved the pic ((apparently they have to approve all pics in case people put risqué images on their credit cards (which actually is the point of having such a credit card! But I digress!)

Anyhow here is the sample they sent me:

post-1861-1295146775.jpeg

Now we know 'What's in your wallet!'

Cool, I can have my own face on my credit card!

They may not approve that Alex. :)

Then again, I remember my Citibank card has my mug on it, not that anyone ever checked when I used it.

You'd never get anything that big in the card-reader.

62788_10150275588070082_547375081_14887240_6964699_n.jpg

This popped up on my facebook page not to long ago. Now if only I had credit

That's actually a good idea: perhaps if we all had our images on our credit/debit cards there might be some reduction in fraud?

R

Not really Ralph. I've had my ugly mug and signature on another credit card for years and all don't even look. I used it once in Australia and almost immediately someone had a spending spree on me. The picture is more for the credit card company to deny payment in fraudulent cases to the vendors who don't check for ID etc.

The funniest fraudulent use of my credit card involved Eric Cheng. We had the same Amex card so it was switched by an errant restaurant waiter in FL. I went home while he continued to use my card in FL and CA for 3 weeks! The worst thing is on my signature panel, I had "CHECK ID PLS!" written on it. I tried to use his card once. It was not the restaurant but my girlfriend who noticed the name Eric on the card. She later was worried I was a grifter and asked how many other aliases I had besides Eric Cheng! To prove my innocence, I had my gf go shopping on my credit card, and she did that for an entire day without being harassed, only one of the sales persons at her favorite shop mentioned,"so you got him to pay for your spree today! That's awesome!" My gf was duly shocked at how easy it is to commit identity theft fraud.

Basically, a mug and signature panel does nothing. Checking ID helps but in the age of internet orders, that's impossible.

I was thinking of using this one...as a potential image for my credit card

I wont leave home without it...

(with tongue very much in right cheek)

:)

post-18600-1295305032.jpg

Edited by Damo

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements