Sign in to follow this  
Kanankeban

Need to throw away no more that $2500 in a setup...Need Advi

I'm into a Coolpix 5000, I owned a 990, and was very happy, not mine upgrading to a 995 instead of the 5000 to save some money or even thinking of a G2. I'm new to underwater photo...so what do I need? I have a budget of no more that $2500

1. Camara

2. Housing

3.?

4.?

5.......?

I can put it either way...

What will be the best buyes for a $2500 budget?

Thanks for any kind of advice...

Best Regards...

HECTOR

[Edited on 6-12-2002 by Kanankeban]

Well,

"What camera should I buy" is a pretty open subject now, isn't it?

What do you want to use it for? That will help us make recommendations.

You can get a really good setup for $2,500US though.

Cheers

James

Well, I'm not a profesional, but I like to take nice pics, and have sufficent options in the camera. As I say My previous camara was a 990 and I used all the way, night shots, macro shots, you named...so I want a camera capable of the same things as the 990 or better...I'll be diving 2 or 3 times a year so...I preffer not spending lots of money in very advance equipment for underwater...although as I mention earlier I want to take nice pics...that forces my to get some nice gadgets, as a reliable underwater case, lights etc...the only thing is that I don't have a clue of this equipment...:P

If I were you I'd keep the 990 and buy a

housing for it.

I have a 990 and housing and like it very

much.

If you want to up grade to something

different why not buy James' set up.

You'll fine it under the classifieds here

on Wetpixel.

Marc :P

I sold it allready...Doubt it or not...they payed me $1000 for the 990, a wide angle lens, a 128MB CF, and a nylon case...:P

Thought that $100-$200 bucks more will get me a brand new 5000 and a 256MB CF...

:D

[Edited on 6-13-2002 by Kanankeban]

Many of us went through this recently. There is a thread called "camera choices" or some such, that had lots of good discussion of specific features, and pros and cons of various cameras.

Several of us chose the G2 for it's superb image quality, (as good or maybe a scosh better than the 5000), raw mode, and cost effectiveness.

The G2, an Ikelite housing, and say an ikelite ds125/slave setup would give excellent images, a great housing, and meet your budget.

I've got some shots on pbase...

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements