Sign in to follow this  
neilp1

UFL-165 lens coming loose

Hi

I have an inon UFL-165 that i got maybe 3 years ago. Great lens but ive been noticing recently that its getting easier and easier to mount/ dismount the lens, either on/off of the caddy or the housing. It looks like the bayonet fitting on the lens is plastic whereas the housing side bayonet is metal- i can see a little ground down part on the lens mount which is making me suspect that ive been wearing away at the plastic part with every on/off cycle.

Has anyone else noticed this and if so- any idea how easy/ expensive this will be to fix?

Thanks in advance for any tips

Neil

I lost UFL165AD and the 105AD because of this AD mount problem. AD mount is pretty quick for changing lens underwater. However the contact will be wearing out with frequently use. I find it's more easy dropping the lens when doing the water entry with the camera. One way is to hold tight the lens when water entry. Then check it after you are underwater (should check the camera as well to see if any flood)

I've fixed a small quick release (one male and one female) on the AD mount and the lens with cable tie. On the AD mount side, its required to use a small plastic spring (the one use by lady for hair) to allow flexibility.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements