Sign in to follow this  
edpdiver

Pics from Fiji

Hi folks, I just returned from my first trip to Fiji, and had a great time. I went with my wife to Matangi Resort, which was excellent. We were the only divers there, and dove for 8 days. I would love to go back, and plan to do so soon. The whole set is here fiji pics, and below are a few highlights.

5350806836_4072e94985_z.jpg

5333731056_f8ca475b80_z.jpg

5349166179_038114f67e_z.jpg

5335920721_6d0d1a3c0a_z.jpg

5368437761_61006632f5_z.jpg

5353448358_df367114a6_z.jpg

5354378523_97ca5f78c2_z.jpg

As always, C&C are appreciated.

-Erwin

Yes, colors are clearly showing up in your flickr gallery.

Fiji's great, probably one of the most colorful UW places I've been too (the soft corals in Vatu-I-Ra or Bligh waters truly are eye candies)... Last time I was there, my strobe connexions unfortunately went AWOL of the first days... and well that is Fiji, so I could only do available light photography and weep.

I am targeting going back to Fiji this summer, I was just wondering about macro : I didn't have any macro opportunity dive last time, did you get the feeling there was some subjects to shoot (phenacovolvia, coral crabs, etc.) or was it only worth for blue water and coral cornucopia?

Thanks for the nice comments, ghn.

@ Luko, certainly the major attraction was the beautiful coral scenery, populated with both hard and soft corals. With that said, there were a number of good macro opportunities, particularly the longnose filefish, a variety of blennies and gobies, a few shrimp (which I did not get good shots of !%&$!!!), and a good assortment of nudibranchs. I was glad to have a macro lens on the trip.

One of my strobes broke just before my previous trip to Cozumel, so I made sure my strobes were firing long before this Fiji trip started. I am sure you will have a great time, too!

Erwin

Lovely images!

I especially like the firefish gobie macro shot.

Fantastic color and corals! I hope to make my first visit to Fiji later this year.Dave

Love the filefish(?) in shot number 3

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements