Sign in to follow this  
Alex_Mustard

New website

A friend of mine has helped me build a new website, and while it is still under construction, I have at least got the gallery section up and running (in some browsers!).

Alex's Gallery

Some formatting problems remain with some older versions of browsers (Int Explor particularly). I'm sorry for that. But I would appreciate people's comments on the pix.

Alex

For digi-snappers: I used my D100 to take 3/8 in behaviour, 2/8 in creative, 2/8 in fish (and dolphin!), and 5/8 in people.

Technical and compositional excellence...........absolutely beautiful work

Well done!

Karl

Alex ...

as usual .. outstanding you bastard

i know you photos, but you git

I have been working on my Digitally Wet for ages now .. trying to make some good looking galleries and stuff and you go and outdo me !!!

thats it theres no hope for the rest of the world ever !! :D

at least htis explains the serious droubt of Y.U.P updates .. he he he ...

seriously i love it buddy .. if i knew how to do that i'd copy that too !!! as it is I doubt i could !! B)

Giles

By the way .. the title photo on my main pages was taken by Alex of me .. thanks alex .. just another example of your ace imagery

How's that question go I always hear..."what kind of camera were you using" LOL

I always wonder if they ask the chef what kind of stove he was using.

Those shots are purely amazing in every aspect. I hate to steal from Herb but truly inspirational.

I think you have thoroughly scared everyone else out of refering to their gallery in the future.

Beautiful images! I especially love the pan / blurr fish shots.

Doug

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement.

Since I have not yet figured out how to caption the images here is some info about them:

About 50% were taken in 2003. And most of the rest in 2002 & 2001. All bar 3 (Nik V + 15mm) were taken with either my Nikon D100 or F100. Lenses: 16mm for most "Ocean Views" and "People". 105mm, 60mm, 28-70mm and 17-35mm also used.

All the blur shots in "Creative" were done in camera - either by panning or zooming during the exposure (not that I am against using Photochop - I just didn't here).

Alex

I just Realised

when you go check out YUP you'll notice that the site launch date is 01/01/02 seems like longer ago to me cause my mind was thinking it's 2003 only one year old.

But then my sleep fell out of my eyes and i realised we are about to be into 2004

YUP is about to be 2 years old.

is there going to be a party Alex ?

Outstanding images! I especially like the over-unders, fish/7 and people/1. Looks like you shoot a lot in the Caymans and Red Sea.

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy browsing other photographers galleries even though the majority of them are awful.

Thanks Lionfish43. You are right about my locations - in fact there is only 2 pictures up there that are not from Sinai or Grand Cayman. I must travel somewhere else!

I am pleased to say here on wetpixel that both people/1 and fish/7 are digi shots and neither are shots I would have got on film - this is the fish one:

7.jpg

Funnily I really like the composition - the image is the full frame I shot. I say funnily because in order to get the lionfish against the blue I wasn't even looking through my D100 (+28-70mm + SB80DX) instead I was holding it down under the lionfish and just snapping away. It doesn't say a lot for my photographic skills, when for my fav composition of the year I wasn't even looking through the viewfinder....

I would have never been so careless with film (pity).

The other shot is a filtered, white balanced, available light shot that many will have seen before (taken back in March - almost the middle ages in digital terms!). Again not something I would have got on film.

Digital clearly rules!

Alex,

First off, great new site! Love the layout and choice of images.

Also, this lionfish shot is awesome. The non-traditional composition gives the lionfish a personality that you don't normally see in this subject. Outstanding!

Tom

Alex, just fantastic. I feel very humbled by my own paltry efforts :(

Anyone wanna buy a heap of camera gear ?

.....must get myself one of these digital cameras. yeah, that'll fix it..... :D

Kudos,

Andy

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements