Sign in to follow this  
sevans0579

Sony NEX 5 & Nauticam Housing

As a beginner in photography I thought i would take the leap and try out the Nauticam Housing for the NEX 5 giving up my compact canon ixus 980.

I purcahsed it from Alex Tattersall the UK supplier for Nauticam and after his excellent service and advice (inundating him with questions!!) i was very impressed with the housing and I think from little experience Nauticam have excelled.

I thought i would add a few pictures, unfortunately the backdrop is no exotic location, but a cold (4 degree quarry) in Capernwray UK, which is for me a great back drop to take samples as the sea nearby was way to silty from the crappy UK weather, and I have Adam Hanlon nearby for advice!

That day I had the Fisheye lens with the 4.33" port attached, hopefully soon will try the 18-55mm port.

As mentioned I am a beginner so any advice would be appreciated, thanks for looking.

Scott

2i7483o.jpg

2ihut6r.jpg

nq8v1e.jpg

4tsqb4.jpg

29gl534.jpg

2vcu9lt.jpg

Well done Scott and it will be nice to follow your likes and dislikes on the camera setup as you get more use to it.

I like the 1st and last photos the most. Did you crop them as well? (would have prefered to see more water/space on the top side of the wreck)

Thanks for the comments, i did crop them and your right I think i should have left more water space. At the moment the only dislikes on the housing itself is the selector wheel could have been protruding out to ease selection with dry gloves.

I have the Inon Z240 strobe which i use on STTL. Contemplating the next step doubling up and getting another strobe. Wonder if anyone could advise if that would be the next step or should i wait and build up some more experience?

Regards

Scott

Hi Scott,

I'm feeding back your comments regarding the selector wheel and your dry gloves. I'll let you know the outcome of a possible 'cold water' dial.

Alex

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements