Sign in to follow this  
bondo

MV Celebes Explorer

I'm considering going to the Sipadan area and was interested if anyone knew about the current status of the MV Celebes Explorer. I've seen a few posts about the boat here, but latest report is almost 3 years old. I can't seem to find much out about the boat, which concerns me a bit. Wondering if anyone here has any information about it and its reliability.

Thank you

Mike

Edited by bondo

A group of four of us had 7 days diving off the Celebes Explorer in April of last year. The boat is certainly no luxury cruise ship (Agressor/Dancer she is not) but we were there to dive and for that she is an excellent choice. Food was very good with plenty of local dishes (the prawn curry......Mmmm) and the crew helpfull in every respect.

We had 4 full days diving on Sipadan with 3/4 dives each day as the Explorer has a "special way" to ensure their guests do not have to play the "lucky dip" allocation available to divers staying on Mabul/Kapali.

Each evening the Explorer would steam back to Mabul since no overnight stay/night diving is allowed at Sipadan. The remaining 3 days were spent muck diving Mabul and Kapali.

I would go back to Borneo tomorrow...........well actually April again this year including Layang Layang.

We've been thinking about heading back to Sipadan next year so its very interesting to hear that the Celebes Explorer is still doing 3/4 days of diving on Sipadan each week. That alone probably makes it worth booking above any other option. Thanks for the info.

Cheers, Simon

I will be leading a 10 day group charter aboard this boat in April and will have a full report once I return.

Capt. Casey

P.S. I still have a couple of spaces for a great discounted rate.

I'm considering going to the Sipadan area and was interested if anyone knew about the current status of the MV Celebes Explorer. I've seen a few posts about the boat here, but latest report is almost 3 years old. I can't seem to find much out about the boat, which concerns me a bit. Wondering if anyone here has any information about it and its reliability.

Thank you

Mike

Hi Mike

FYI... I have a 10 day trip aboard this boat from April 3-13 for a discounted price of $2500/pax. Let me know if you would like more info.

Capt. Casey Mahaney

Blue Kirio Scuba Tours

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements