EnsenadaDiver

Another version of the fiber snoot

Hi:

Like many people I'm a big fan of this forum. I have learned a lot and saved a lot of time and money in the process (jajaja), So a big Thank You to everyone.

I have followed the Fiber Optic snoot Topic with a lot of interest and decided to make My own snoot. As I live on both sides of the border with San Diego I have

Access to Machine Shops that are less expensive. In the process, I had to buy a big piece of Delrin, so I have enough to make 18 more pieces.

If anyone is interested I can have it made for $50.00 Dlls including the Delrin plastic plus shipping.

I only made it for the Inon 240 (same size as 220), I also have the Sea & Sea 250 but it doesn't seem practical to use for this purpose.

It has only has one 3/4" US tread connected with a 3/4" NPT Connector ($5.45) , then I split it with a Loc-Line Y Reducer 3/4" to 1/2" ($8.75) and use 2 Loc-Line Hose Segments Pack for 1/2" system ($5.99 x 2).

I bought it at www.modularhose.com

I bought around $40.00 worth of 1mm plastic fiber from http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/store/pr...roducts_id=1091

It's the best price I could find.

My thinking for doing it like this is that sometimes I'm going to use a single 3/4 segment to better focus the flash because getting dark backgrounds is harder with the D300 sync speeds,coming from the D70.

So if anyone is interested let me know and I will start making them. Of course I can only do 18 for now.

post-1712-1295841263.jpg

post-1712-1295841297.jpg

post-1712-1295841367.jpg

Saludos

Antonio Frias

antocab@hotmail.com

Interesting. When you turn on the targeting light can you see it and does it accurately show what will be lighted. If so I want one. Contact: tomreynolds_ilan@yahoo.com

Hi:

Like many people I'm a big fan of this forum. I have learned a lot and saved a lot of time and money in the process (jajaja), So a big Thank You to everyone.

I have followed the Fiber Optic snoot Topic with a lot of interest and decided to make My own snoot. As I live on both sides of the border with San Diego I have

Access to Machine Shops that are less expensive. In the process, I had to buy a big piece of Delrin, so I have enough to make 18 more pieces.

If anyone is interested I can have it made for $50.00 Dlls including the Delrin plastic plus shipping.

I only made it for the Inon 240 (same size as 220), I also have the Sea & Sea 250 but it doesn't seem practical to use for this purpose.

It has only has one 3/4" US tread connected with a 3/4" NPT Connector ($5.45) , then I split it with a Loc-Line Y Reducer 3/4" to 1/2" ($8.75) and use 2 Loc-Line Hose Segments Pack for 1/2" system ($5.99 x 2).

I bought it at www.modularhose.com

I bought around $40.00 worth of 1mm plastic fiber from http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/store/pr...roducts_id=1091

It's the best price I could find.

My thinking for doing it like this is that sometimes I'm going to use a single 3/4 segment to better focus the flash because getting dark backgrounds is harder with the D300 sync speeds,coming from the D70.

So if anyone is interested let me know and I will start making them. Of course I can only do 18 for now.

post-1712-1295841263.jpg

post-1712-1295841297.jpg

post-1712-1295841367.jpg

Saludos

Antonio Frias

antocab@hotmail.com

I am very interested, do you have any test shots, or shots of it with the light on or strobe flashing?

I have wanted to play with a snoot and this seems like a good opportunity, so I am in for one. let me know what you need from me.

Sponsors

Advertisements