Great NEWS Pentax Fans.. Just got an E-mail from the great guys from Reef Photo & Video... Recsea / seatool are working on a PENTAX K-5 Housing for release this March... NOW sit down after that excitement! Price will be target around $3400 USD.. But I have seen a Recsea / Seatool Housing in action, they are one of the best Quality Housing I have seen (bomb proof).. Like the KX / KM housing they make, it will allow for the pop up flash to be used for optical triggering strobes like the Inon Z-240. All the Ports made for the KX housing will work. With lens options being DA 10-17mm Fisheye, DA 18-55mm, DFA 50mm Macro and DFA 100mm macro. If you have the dollars you can have a top notch Professional Underwater Housing for PENTAX :( With the Diveross housing the budget option for the K-5.. Ikelite have only indicated that they are considering a housing for the K-5, but are not currently working on one.. Investing in Recsea Ports seems wise as they are the only ones with custom made housing for Pentax DSLR's ATM... KM \ KX and with the soon to Market K-7 \ K-5 housing..

The greatly expanded DR of the K5 should be a real advantage for underwater photography, but the price of the housing is outrageous.

The greatly expanded DR of the K5 should be a real advantage for underwater photography, but the price of the housing is outrageous.

Got the price wrong $3200 usd.. Well I guess just to except to pay over 3 k for it..

Edited by South Aussie Blue

I will hopefully find the time before the end of the week to post an update regarding my Recsea/Seatool experience, but I would defiantely think long and hard before even adding a Seatool product to any short list of mine!!!

Hello,

so what is your Recsea/Seatool experience ??? I am very interested to have some reports from those housings.

Hervé

My friend has purchased the Pentax K-5 and I was just playing with his camera found the images just a bit too soft for me. Since image quality is the thing I was looking for I went with Pentax . Along with best image quality some of the best point are ability to shoot HD video and also has excellent macro mode.

The Pentax K-5 is built for speed, efficiency and versatility. It has The image stabilization system, shake reduction has a potency 2.5-4 LW . The stabilizer is built into the body and therefore works with all lenses; the result of translational and rotational camera shake corrected.The weight is without battery and memory card 660 g, 740 g. The operational dimensions of the camera are 131 x 97 x 73 mm (W x H x D). The already available as accessory for K-7 battery pack fits also available at the K-5 and In video mode, the format Full HD 1920×1080 at 25 fps at 1280×720 modes added 30/25 fps and 640×480 25/30 fps, is stored in AVI format.

The Pentax K-5 benefits from the system sensor shift stabilization that reduces the risk of blurry photos. This type of stabilization makes all PENTAX lenses stabilized even the oldest.

Finally had time to write my review related to the service I received from Seatool.

It can be found here:

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...mp;#entry276294

Finally had time to write my review related to the service I received from Seatool.

It can be found here:

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...mp;#entry276294

http://seatool.net/list/K5-7.html

Lets hope someone will get to review this...:) Now we get to see how this little

Pentax can handle the pressure ;)

Edited by South Aussie Blue

Sponsors

Advertisements