Alex_Mustard

Solution to Nauticam port covers

Ele has finally had a chance to shoot her D7000 underwater in Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Crystal River. She's using the Nauticam D7000 housing and Nauticam ports for 60mm, 105mm and the 4.5" acryllic dome - and what is annoying with all these ports is that the Nauticam neoprene port covers fall off continuously.

But we've found a solution. Someone (from one of my Cayman workshops) left this port cover behind and it happens to fit the Nauticam ports perfectly - and never falls off. Problem solved!

post-713-1297183638.jpg

Alex

:(

Alex probabbly wont see that all night btw!

Like your style Alex. lol

Stew

If this information is not sufficient to get Nauticam to alter their port covers, nothing will. Customer comments may get ignored. Customers buying or using other's products can often be more persuasive.

Outstanding! That cracked me up. Reminds me of the Pepsi and Coke commercial they are showing right now. The Pepsi guy takes a picture of the Coke guy drinking out of a Pepsi can.

Cheers

Todd

Outstanding! That cracked me up. Reminds me of the Pepsi and Coke commercial they are showing right now. The Pepsi guy takes a picture of the Coke guy drinking out of a Pepsi can.

Cheers

Todd

[/quot

yayayaya is what on my mind.....Em do aquatica sale the cover only? hahahahahahahha

Ele has finally had a chance to shoot her D7000 underwater in Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Crystal River. She's using the Nauticam D7000 housing and Nauticam ports for 60mm, 105mm and the 4.5" acryllic dome - and what is annoying with all these ports is that the Nauticam neoprene port covers fall off continuously.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Message well received. We are starting to work on better solutions (aka Alex's port covers).

Edward

Hi Alex,

Message well received. We are starting to work on better solutions (aka Alex's port covers).

Edward

Hi Edward, its good to see you supporting your products so enthusiastically! (2 x NA-7D user). But the Zen 100mm neoprene port cover sucks! We need better please Mr Reef...

Hi Edward, its good to see you supporting your products so enthusiastically! (2 x NA-7D user). But the Zen 100mm neoprene port cover sucks! We need better please Mr Reef...

We can make great covers, but they aren't economical to produce and include with the domes at no charge.

Do you really want a cover you can take in the water or a nice sturdy cap for packing & travel?

I would think that travel protection should largely be taken care of by the owner. In that respect there are a few dometsic food containers which serve well.

Its the getting in and out of the water which needs to be addressed. This is OK with the 200mm Zen neroprene cover but is lacking with the 100mm...

Constructively, Tim

I would think that travel protection should largely be taken care of by the owner. In that respect there are a few dometsic food containers which serve well.

Its the getting in and out of the water which needs to be addressed. This is OK with the 200mm Zen neroprene cover but is lacking with the 100mm...

Constructively, Tim

I have to agree with you there Tim.

Stew

Neo covers are really difficult because the port provides nothing to hang on to. Thanks for the feedback, though. Also well received.

You could glue velcro to the outside of the dome shade and inside of the neoprene cover...

I used to have a Subal cover with Velcro "ears" that fitted nicely over an Anthis/Nexus port.

I've also sewn up covers from (my childrens') old wetsuit arms and legs...

Tim

:(

I have been looking for the cover for my flat port ?

Kathryn

Glad I have found the owner! The Nauticam stuff is being collected today - so I don't need it any more! Let me know whether you want me to send your cover back (wasn't sure it was yours as we had several Aquaticas on the workshop).

Alex

I saw a NEW Aquatica cover today. It has extra rubber band on out side of cover like "+" & found it

hold the cover better. and I still like my Nauticam housings very much.

Sam

I saw a NEW Aquatica cover today. It has extra rubber band on out side of cover like "+" & found it

hold the cover better. and I still like my Nauticam housings very much.

Sam

The nauticam port covers are next to useless, but so happy with my housing, but has anyone had issues with the viewfinder?

I've also managed to bust the video activation lever. Not a problem as I don't use video....

Eleanor

The nauticam port covers are next to useless, but so happy with my housing, but has anyone had issues with the viewfinder?

Agreed. I think that they should make solid plastic ones for the Nauticam macro ports, with an o-ring in the lip so they hold in place.

Alex

I've also managed to bust the video activation lever. Not a problem as I don't use video....

That's interesting: the video lever on my D300s housing was bent: unbent, it works (but it's amazingly fiddly to take it out, and little springs pop out from surprising places!). I suspect that there's a position in which it jams against the camera body when the camera is inserted, bending the weirdly-shaped bit. Dr M may know more as I believe he was lent my very housing as a demo model...

Tim

:)

I agree with mr Mustard. That design for the flat port would work . I just got my macro port last week and laughed at the horrible cover they included. Even my wife who knows nothing about cameras had commented how easy it fell off. Right now my solution is a 67mm camera pinch cover. I also found a 67mm metal screw on lens cover I will use for travel.

Totally agree on the uselessness of the cover. I have a 100mm port cover which has constantly fallen off and cant be taken into the water (in order to protect whilst entering the water) or be relied upon to stay on when rinsing the camera after a dive. Recently i lost the cover when entering the dive boat off the liveaboard and now I dont have one - crap design and basically ive spent money on a defective product which i am now inconvenienced by.

Was there ever a solution found for this issue? The port cover on the 12-50 port only stays on when the port is in the bag.planning on usin an inon neoprene bag to cover the port getting in and out of the water.

Greg

Sponsors

Advertisements