Sign in to follow this  
mat

advice for desperate newbie

Hi all,

Anyone have a recommendation on a housing for the Canon G12 with fish eye lens ?

In fact any tips on housing and lens would be appreciated as I'm trying to decide what camera to buy with my very small budget. It would predominately be for free-diving and Surf. Is there anyone who has heard of a surf housing for the G12?

I'd be eternally grateful for any tips, I'm a total newbie and my head is melting with all the different specifications.

Cheers

Matt

How big of a very small budget? If less than $1000, you might consider a used G9 and used housing.

Canon housings are the lowest cost but limit wide angle options. Other housings have more options and cost over $1000 for just the housing - when new.

You might do some searching on this site. There are lots of threads regarding G12's and G9's and similar cameras - and their respective housings.

cheap and fisheye dome port don't go together for this cam.

You can get an ikelite housing very reasonable, and a correcting dome which provides the regular 28mm field of view.

From there is gets more expensive. A fix housing and their fisheye conversion lens is over $1500 total.

Hi,

I'm trying to decide on a similar budget ($1000-).

I came across another interesting alternative which is the P7000 + FP7000.

There are deals on ebay for this combination for about $850 (buy it now).

The P7000 case seems to be better comparing to the canon ones (double o-ring, deeper 60m rating, fiber optic for external lights and more).

Problem is that I didn't find a single user report on this unit.

Hope this helps,

Meni.

Hi all,

Anyone have a recommendation on a housing for the Canon G12 with fish eye lens ?

In fact any tips on housing and lens would be appreciated as I'm trying to decide what camera to buy with my very small budget. It would predominately be for free-diving and Surf. Is there anyone who has heard of a surf housing for the G12?

I'd be eternally grateful for any tips, I'm a total newbie and my head is melting with all the different specifications.

Cheers

Matt

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements