TheRealDrew

Congrat OWU Winners

OMG, I've never seen such a collection of contest photos. My jaw just dropped. Except for maybe the dude in the chaise lounge, I've never been so overwhelmed by top to bottom excellence. Best collection of contest winners.....ever. Awesome doesn't decribe them.

I entered a few weak shots, but I don't think any shot I've ever taken in my life could have placed in this one, even if I snuck it in the compact category. I feel like a guy who showed up to at top chef competition with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich recipe. I think an underwater art gallery could start with prints from these winners. I need an emoticon for a standing ovation. Bravo, bravo, bravo.

I think I'll put my camera away now and take up kite boarding.

Many congratulations to all the winners and highly commended entries. Once again it was a pleasure to judge this contest, which continues to produce a set of underwater images that few, if any, other contests can equal.

For those that enter the traditional categories: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read and adhere to the rules. We verify the RAW files for all the shortlisted entries, so please do not enter images that do not adhere to the rules. We check all the shots and every year a load of excellent images are excluded because of this (when if they had adhered to the rules and only done the corrections they were allowed, they would now have big prizes). This is frustrating, disappointing, maddening and worst of all, very predictable.

Alex

Many congratulations to the winners. I was happy to see such a huge variety of photos - what a range of climes and marine life - and absolutely amazing images. Inspiring!

Many congratulations to all the winners and highly commended entries. Once again it was a pleasure to judge this contest, which continues to produce a set of underwater images that few, if any, other contests can equal.

For those that enter the traditional categories: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read and adhere to the rules. We verify the RAW files for all the shortlisted entries, so please do not enter images that do not adhere to the rules. We check all the shots and every year a load of excellent images are excluded because of this (when if they had adhered to the rules and only done the corrections they were allowed, they would now have big prizes). This is frustrating, disappointing, maddening and worst of all, very predictable.

Alex

I just wanted to reiterate what Alex said. Especially the part about what a pleasure it was to judge (although it was very difficult). The images are truly amazing. Congrats to all the Wetpixel members that won.

Just watched Simon Spears 2 winning entries. What talent. ;)

Stew

Just watched Simon Spears 2 winning entries. What talent. ;)

Stew

Where did you see it Stew? the link isn't up yet over here.

Steve

Many thanks and congratulations to all the ones lucky enough to be among the winners (-;

@ I am happy to receive "People's Choice Award" by the ones visiting the exhibition.

Many thanks to all the ones supporting.

See you

Uwe Schmolke

Edited by U.W.E

Where did you see it Stew? the link isn't up yet over here.

Steve

All available here Simon Spear Steve. Some really good items on there. Especially like the Porbeagle footage thats in here Simon Spear .

I hope you dont mind me pointing these out Simon.

Stew

Edited by stewsmith

Blushing here!

Thanks for the kind words Stew. You can actually also watch both films on iTunes via Divefilm. 'Hope' is the most recent episode while 'Circle of Life' is a little bit further back.

Congrats to all the winners. Some absolutely stunning images in there. What's so interesting about these competitions is that we all have our own personal favourites, but I guess it's unfair to mention them as you'd be intensely proud to have taken any one of the winning photos.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing the other videos when they come online! :P

Cheers, Simon

Big congrats to all the winners especially me old mucker Mr Spear... :P:)

Dive safe

DeanB

Congratulations Simon and well done to all the other winners.

Congrats to you too Jo for your great BUIF result! :)

Big congrats to all the winners especially me old mucker Mr Spear... :P:)

Cheers mate! :(

Oh by the way! What has this thread got to do with actual 'MEDIA' can the Mods please move to the appropriate place... :P:(:)

Dive safe

Dean(just kidding)B

Congrats to you too Jo for your great BUIF result! :)

Thanks Simon, was really chuffed with the results, plus my better half, Keith Lyall came 1st in the green water stills category, so a happy household!!! :P

Sponsors

Advertisements