okuma

Changi Aeroport

Just arrived at Sing from Manado and have new temp arrival security stations to go through upon de-planing.

Any one know whats up??

Just arrived at Sing from Manado and have new temp arrival security stations to go through upon de-planing.

Any one know whats up??

It looks like its a random proceedure they are doing. Flights in from Bangkok and India had the same results this summer. Here's some reports http://asia.businesstraveller.com/discussi...all-BKK-flights

Let us know if it goes smoothly?

strange, i went through there on the 25th and no such problems for me... do give us an update if you figure it out

Spoke to some one who would "talk".

It is a random proceedure done perodically.

I did notice that all of the scanners and traffic control tapes were of a temporary nature.

About 90% of screeners were of Indian decent; maybe this implies a tempory contract hire???

Actual proceedure was regular with no special luggage digging or questions.

Typical Sing efficiency and courtesy!!

btw: fall of US$ highly noticable in airport store prices - no electronic deals any more !!!

Came through Changi a couple of times last May and they were doing these ad-hoc security then.

Very efficient compared to UK airports

Interesting - I pass through Changi (T2 and T3) a couple of times a month and have never encountered this!

As the few have mentioned, it is a random check that Changi carries out. Being a resident here, I have encountered a few times on flight coming in from a few countries.

Sponsors

Advertisements