Sign in to follow this  
seansrs968

Light and Motion SR 12 Bluefin Housing

I have a video housing for a SR12 Sony camera. I went to go power it up tonight and everything works but the monitor in the rear of the housing. Does anyone know where I can find a manual for this housing or what could possibly be wrong?

Thanks,

Sean

I have a video housing for a SR12 Sony camera. I went to go power it up tonight and everything works but the monitor in the rear of the housing. Does anyone know where I can find a manual for this housing or what could possibly be wrong?

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean,

You might need to set the camera to the right video output. On my Sony FX7 you need to start the camcorder menu, access the DISPLAY SET page and the DISP OUTPUT setting. Set the value to V-Out/PANEL. I hope it is the same on the SR12

Cheers

Roger

Hi mate,

Ok i have this same housing/camera so i can try to help. Firstly have you put fresh batteries in? Then you need to insert the DC power cord coming from the power pack into the DC power jack on the monitor back.

Next, next to the DC power header are the power & battery select switches. The power switch has to be set to battery & the battery select switch set to 4cell.

See how that goes, if that doesn't fix it then i will go through the camera settings for you to make sure it is setup properly.

Cheers Pete.

Thanks for the help Pete. I tried what you recommended and nada :lol:. This is so perplexing. I am going to take it to my LDS and have them contact L&M.

The only other thing i can offer is to go through the camera setup with you. Turn the camera on & find the tab labelled settings on the touchscreen. Next, scroll to general set & make sure the remote control is set to on. Set the record lamp to off. Next scroll to output settings, change the display output to V-out/panel.

If that doesn't work then i can't really offer anymore help. I would assume then that it would be an electrical issue with either the monitor back or the baseplate maybe?

The upside is that if the monitor back is stuffed i am pretty sure that you can get a replacement new style back to fit it.

Apart from that i can highly reccomend getting a set of 2000x lights as they are awesome!!!!!

Cheers Pete.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements