Sign in to follow this  
ascottj

Cocos Island, Costa Rica (Fuji S2)

hammer120302rv02_1.jpg

Hello,

James asked me to post a link to the images from my recent Cocos Island assignment. So, here goes:

http://www.seascapesimages.com/cocos03/mar...ocos1203uw.html

The wide angle shots were captured digitally (Aquatica housing, Fuji S2 & primarily the Nikon 12 - 24mm DX) and the macro by film (Aquatica housing, Nikon F4 and various lenses).

Happy Holidays!

Scott Johnson

SeaScapes Images

Maybe it's just me...but some (well, most) of these pictures seem insanely saturated... :D:)

?

~Matt Segal

Thank you for the responses. Cocos is my favorite place on the planet, which is why I have ventured there during six of the past eight years. It is truly a magical place unlike any other I have glimpsed. The only other locations that come close to the diving are the northern Galapagos Islands of Wolf & Darwin.

Take Care,

Scott

Cocos, Mapelo, and Wolf/Darwin are all great. Hopefully, Fathoms will soon publish an article on an amazing rebreather trip to Cocos and Mapelo on the Sea Hunter last summer...13 whale sharks, schools of silkies (Nik 5 shot below), hunting whitetips, and hammers hammers hammers.

Hello Chris,

Excellent shot of a Silky aggregation. While I have experienced numerous Silkies during single dives, I have never seen as many in such a concentrated group at Cocos. The image is very similar to those of Galapagos Shark aggregations at Wolf and Darwin.

When I talk to Bret (Fathoms), I will ask him when the Cocos article will be published and then let you know.

God Bless,

Scott

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements