liquidguru

Good Week in Lembeh

We had a great five days diving this week and saw some unusual stuff, even for here. thought I would post a gallery of some smashing photos that my partner took...enjoy, especially the Sea Hare...

Gallery Link

Edited by liquidguru

Outstanding collection of critters!

Love the Pipefish sticking its head out of the soft corals. Superb shot. And the Ghost Pipefish with its mouth open - outstanding.

What was your partner shooting?

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I love that Pipefish too.

Barb shoots a D90, Nauticam Housing, two Inons (one S2000, one D2000) and usually a 105mm (with an Inon wet diopter occasionally), sometime a 60mm..

Glad you enjoyed the photos ;)

Kaj

Outstanding collection of critters!

Love the Pipefish sticking its head out of the soft corals. Superb shot. And the Ghost Pipefish with its mouth open - outstanding.

What was your partner shooting?

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by liquidguru

Absolutely fabulous collection! I agree - the pipefish sticking its head out of the coral is my fav of the group. But there are so many good ones in there. Thanks for sharing. And have to love the fact she is using a D90 setup. What is the last one in the set? Green colored one. Did you by chance put any videos up from the week?

Happy diving - DiverPam

Hi Pam,

The green one is of a Sea Hare, but we don't know what type, as none of us, even the guides who have been diving here for 16 years, have seen one before.

I put a video up of a Spindle Cowrie for this week's clip ;) - Link

Kaj

Hi Pam,

The green one is of a Sea Hare, but we don't know what type, as none of us, even the guides who have been diving here for 16 years, have seen one before.

I put a video up of a Spindle Cowrie for this week's clip ;) - Link

Kaj

Very cool creature. And I saw the video finally - very nice too. - Pam

The Cowrie video was great!

I didn't realize that the Sea Hare was so rare - saw a couple of them in Anilao.

Glad to see such great shots taken with a D90 - I've been tempted to look for a used kit.

Cheers,

Steve

HI Kaj,

yes, the Sea Hare is very cool ... i have actually seen the same one about two or three weeks ago at Aer Bajo ... also for the first time in that colouration.

cheers,

serge

The Cowrie video was great!

I didn't realize that the Sea Hare was so rare - saw a couple of them in Anilao.

Glad to see such great shots taken with a D90 - I've been tempted to look for a used kit.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I think it's rare here, as we hadn't seen in Lembeh before. The D90 is a great camera and a fantastic price, well worht it...

Hi Serge,

Yes, that's exactly where Barb found it, at Aer Bajo, hopefully it will stay around for a while, as I haven't got any video of it yet... See you later for a few beers......

Cheers,

Kaj

Great collection!! :) the green fractal ;) is stunning!! i miss lembeh sooo much...

Thanks Bent and Nicholas. Glad you enjoyed them ;)

Nice pics! I love the nudi in 29, the halimeda ghost pipefish in 30 (still never seen one!), and the sea hare. Lembeh is a wonderful place.

please don't use proprietary formats like windows live, and silverlight.

I don't trust the security of microsoft products, and don't want to add them to my system.

I'd sure like to look at your latest gallery. Are they all in the liquidguru web site?

Thanks!

Thanks sasdasdaf, glad you enjoyed them.

@derway,

Please mate, there is nothing wrong with silverlight and live.. The gallery Live makes is very nice. silverlight is used all over the web, and is no worse than flash (better in many ways). You upload your photos to google with picasso...and you're not concerned about their security and your privacy?

I believe that if you do not have silverlight on your system, it displays the gallery as flash, or at least it used to do so.

The photos will be on barb's website, www.liquidlifephotography.com, but not for a little while, as she is re-vamping the whole site at the moment.

Cheers,

Kaj

Sorry, it doesn't work for me either. Really, a photo gallery should not be difficult.

Sorry, it doesn't work for me either. Really, a photo gallery should not be difficult.

Hi tie,

Sorry it doesn't work for you. It is a photo gallery. What is the problem? Sometimes you just have to click one of the thumbnails at the bottom.

Kaj

Works for me and you images are very nice. Makes me want to go back. Nice work!

Joe

I'm in Lembeh (with 2 Fish Divers) shooting macro right now and my photos aren't coming out half as nice!!! She is giving me a LOT to think about!

Is she still in Lembeh? Thanks so much for sharing!

I'm in Lembeh (with 2 Fish Divers) shooting macro right now and my photos aren't coming out half as nice!!! She is giving me a LOT to think about!

Is she still in Lembeh? Thanks so much for sharing!

Hi Jeremy.

Very glad you made it to Lembeh. You'll have a great time there. Barb is my partner, so is always there :) Except we are both on vacation now, so won't be there again until the 7th. How long are you there for?

Kaj

Edited by liquidguru

Sponsors

Advertisements