kousis

Strobe or Light

Hello everyone

I wanted to buy a flash light for a sealife camera and came across these two:

- Sea life Digital Pro Flash - Only for pictures

- Sea life Photo Video Light - For video as well. Lower picture quality though.

What I wanted to know is what you would recommend. I am personally more interested in pictures but

if the difference is minor the video light might be better. Also could I do the video light's job with an external

torch maybe?

If you know other compatible strobes/lights that might be better feel free to tell me.

Kousis

Edited by kousis

Hi there,

If video lights could replace strobes in the morning.... then the market for strobes would have dissappeared long ago ......and taking pictures might be a bit cheaper!! :-D

If it's pics u want- go for the strobe- no question about it.

And yes...you can add an external light for all the other bits....most- if not all- photographers on this forum use some form of external light to help their cameras focus in low light conditions.

Happy snapping!

Hi there,

If video lights could replace strobes in the morning.... then the market for strobes would have dissappeared long ago ......and taking pictures might be a bit cheaper!! :-D

If it's pics u want- go for the strobe- no question about it.

And yes...you can add an external light for all the other bits....most- if not all- photographers on this forum use some form of external light to help their cameras focus in low light conditions.

Happy snapping!

Hi Damo,

thank you for your help. It seems that a strobe would be more appropriate in my case

Kousis

Recently purchased a used housing for my Nikon d70s.

unfortunately the flashes do not fire. checking with an electrician here in my country , I live in mexico it seems that in the hot shoe , one of the 5 pins is broken.

my question is if all the pins of the Hotshoe must go out , and make contact, or only two of these?

because by the time use no more than one of the 5 pins go out right through the hot shoe. My idea is because there are no spare parts here, change all the 5 pins for ones do not have the spring inside the pin who makes the head of the pin move up and down. Do you think this can help?

or if i leave just one or two pins it works?

Maybe you can help me, thank you very much for your time.

Recently purchased a used housing for my Nikon d70s.

unfortunately the flashes do not fire. checking with an electrician here in my country , I live in mexico it seems that in the hot shoe , one of the 5 pins is broken.

my question is if all the pins of the Hotshoe must go out , and make contact, or only two of these?

because by the time use no more than one of the 5 pins go out right through the hot shoe. My idea is because there are no spare parts here, change all the 5 pins for ones do not have the spring inside the pin who makes the head of the pin move up and down. Do you think this can help?

or if i leave just one or two pins it works?

Maybe you can help me, thank you very much for your time.

There is a thread somewhere, from several years ago, that contains a diagram of the pins needed to make a Nikonos-type strobe connection work with a digital camera as the connection is different from that needed with a new Nikon digitally compatible flash. If the hotshoe on the camera is broken, then it probably needs to be fixed, but if it's the shoe from the housing, it may be a design feature. What strobe are you using?

Tim

:)

Sponsors

Advertisements