Sign in to follow this  
haring

which strobes to buy for underwater people photography?

I would like to have to get 1 or 2 strobes for underwater engagement sessions. I have an ikelite housing for Canon 5D. Do I have to buy an ikelite strobe system or there is another third party alternative?

What are the most important characteristics of a strobe I need to pay attention?

Edited by haring

I don't think you could go wrong with Ikelite strobes, with an Ikelite housing, for people photography.

The weight is heavy, but the light is the best quality for people photography. IMHO

Hi.

I would allso go with the Ikelite strobe(s) if You have an ikelite housing. Specially if You haven't used strobes before - with this combo You get easy to use TTL.

Probably better to choose more powerful DS-160, even two of them if You can afford.

Ikelite housing is quite bulky allready, so big and heavy strobes are not ruining You'r compact and light UW photo rig ;)

Cheers

Karel

Thanks a lot!

Has anybody used a Canon flash with an underwater flash housing? It is an underwater housing in which you can put your normal Canon 580EX flash....

Hi.

I would allso go with the Ikelite strobe(s) if You have an ikelite housing. Specially if You haven't used strobes before - with this combo You get easy to use TTL.

Probably better to choose more powerful DS-160, even two of them if You can afford.

Ikelite housing is quite bulky allready, so big and heavy strobes are not ruining You'r compact and light UW photo rig ;)

Cheers

Karel

Karel! You have amazing photos! :):):)

there are a few housings for the 580 EX and the EXII... off the top of my head 10bar do one, as well as Subal. Aqua tech also do. I have absolutely no idea if they work if you use them without the relevant manu housing's but i know there are a few threads where people have mentioned results they have had using them, do a quick search, sorry to tired to do one... (it is 3am!)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements