Damo

ys-90 AUTO/DUO concerns

Hi folks,

Just to revisit this again.

I have two of these strobes (now obsolete) which I bought as part of a package- second hand- only last year.

A search of these forums indicates that there have been issues in the past with these strobes, with users talking of putting tape over sensors etc.??

My two strobes are connected via a dual sync chord which mates to my sea and sea dx-d200 housing.

I dont seem to have exposure issues but sometimes I do sense that perhaps when using the two strobes together, but I'm just wondering does anyone here still use this type of set up and if so, do I need to be aware of any issues? Should I be thinking of upgrading in the future?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hi Damo,

I use the YS90 Duo as a fill flash next to my Sea&Sea YS350. Both have their own cable. Very reliable (never failed), lots of light, fast recycle time and no issues whatsoever. I only shoot in manual. Make sure the YS90 is set to ON (not PRE or TTL) and use the dial to control light output.

Best regards,

--Rob

I used the YS 90 DX and YS 90 DUO combo strobes w/ a S&S Dx 200 w/ & w/o a TTL converter for several years with no problems at all. I always used separate sync cords, but I'm not sure if that makes any difference. No issues at all, these work very well together...

take care,

john

Thanks so much for your kind advice guys.

:rolleyes:

Sponsors

Advertisements