Sign in to follow this  
trimixdiver1965

Set up

Hello all, I just bought a HDR SR-12 120 GB High Definition camera for diving, and need to know the best setting for shooting please???

I have tried shooting some footage and the video skips and looks like in slow motion , I like to be able to chance format to Iphone/ipod.

Edited by trimixdiver1965

Hello all, I just bought a HDR SR-12 120 GB High Definition camera for diving, and need to know the best setting for shooting please???

I have tried shooting some footage and the video skips and looks like in slow motion , I like to be able to chance format to Iphone/ipod.

I would suggest to lock the focus and shoot away to start with.

Video shouldnt skip, is it skipping in viewfinder on playback or on your PC?

Hugh

It sounds to me as though you're trying to view/edit HD footage on a computer that can't handle it. If it is skipping when viewing on the Camera monitor then I would suggest not using it anymore and taking it back to where you got it from and have them replace it (especially if this happened after the very first time you used it - don't accept that "return to manufacturer for repair" answer; demand a new one and then check it in the shop). Hope that helps,

Steve

It sounds to me as though you're trying to view/edit HD footage on a computer that can't handle it. If it is skipping when viewing on the Camera monitor then I would suggest not using it anymore and taking it back to where you got it from and have them replace it (especially if this happened after the very first time you used it - don't accept that "return to manufacturer for repair" answer; demand a new one and then check it in the shop). Hope that helps,

Steve

The footage plays well as it should on the camera veiwfinder but on my PC it is skipping footage and noise!

I have been playing it on my PC before , so whats going on?

I also have been using all sorts of players like AVCHD , VLC, Windows...so whats going on it;s a pain !

Edited by trimixdiver1965

Bump anyone...

Sorry but it really does sound like your computer can't handle the video file format when you play it directly from your camera. I would suggest an editing software like i-movie or final cut pro for more professional editing to download it first an then convert it. Try to check your settings on the camera and then compare it with your tv or monitor settings. If you have the video file on your computer as a mov or quicktime movie you could either use quicktime or my favorite visual hub to convert it into mp4 for any apple product. Hope I could help a little.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements