Kelpfish

Truth Aquatice Limited Load

Matt, Victor and I had a rough February trip on the Vision out of Santa Barbara. We didn't walk away with many keepers so I went back out on another limited load on Apr 1,2 & 3. Spring is here. Macro critters were out in the bazillions. You could just glance around and spot your nudibranchs, go shoot them, move on to another one.

Here are some of my keepers from that trip.

post-1513-1302970995.jpg

post-1513-1302971010.jpg

post-1513-1302971060.jpg

post-1513-1302971066.jpg

post-1513-1302971074.jpg

Edited by Kelpfish

Hi Joe!

I just love the nudy on that blue backround - superb! :)

And how da heck did You get that starfish to pose like that ??? :)

Cheers

Karel

I'm with Karel Joe, absolutely love the nudi on the blue. Where did the Vision take you?

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks Joe for making me feel so bad for having to miss that trip! Really amazing shots! Beautiful colors , contrast, and composition. Oh well, maybe next time

Thanks, everyone. We spent a day at San Miguel and worked our way back. There was some swell so we had to tuck away in some coves but did do some offshore diving in the mornings. Victor, there were only 8 divers on the trip for three days. It was quite nice. Got in 14 dives.

The starfish were all standing because of the food. Lots of krill and there were grey whales feeding near us. Sunny two days and overcast and cold one day. I knew four of the seven other divers so it made this a really fun trip.

Awesome color...very inspiring....need to bring my dive gear the next time I am in California for business.

Amazing shots..

Andy

Ontario, Canada

Canon T2i/Aquatica (newbie)

Me too. The nudi on blue is a knockout.

Thanks for the kind words. The nudi was on a blue rock, which I found quite beautiful. I'll tell you, after all the years I have pushed back on a good, expensive aiming light, this trip convinced me to get one. I could have had a lot more opportunities but my mini q kepd posing problems.

I am considering the June and July limited loads if anyone is interested. Missed victor on this last trip..met him on a previous trip..very cool dude. Would love to meet more of you and if doc eyeballs wants to come along that would be cool as well.

Hermissenda on the A. cyanocrypta is really nice. I'm scheduled for the May trip, though I can't imagine there would be as few as 8 divers again!

Hermissenda on the A. cyanocrypta is really nice. I'm scheduled for the May trip, though I can't imagine there would be as few as 8 divers again!

I am surprised they went. I heard on the boat that they have canceled so many trips that canceled divers aren't coming back. Rumors abound about selling one of the boats but that's just speculation from one of the frequent paying passengers.

Sponsors

Advertisements