Sign in to follow this  
Andy H

Sea & Sea DX5400

I see from the digideep website that there is now a Sea & Sea housing for the Coolpix 5400. Has anyone any more info, seen one or used one?

If nothing else, can anyone using a 5400 underwater in any make of housing give me some feedback. Very interested in housing one myself in the S & S model but don't currently have the camera. Intrigued as to strobe options etc.

Cheers & all the best for 2004 :P

Andy

Andy,

I recommend you look for a good used CP-5000. Nikon makes an incredible 19mm lens for it and both Sea & Sea, Aquatica, UK-Germany and Ikelite make a housing and dome port to fit it as well. To the best of my knowledge, no w/a lenses and ports exist for the CP-5400. The other advantage is RAW file support on the 5000 vs the 5400. You can use either Ikelite or Sea & Sea digital strobes with either of these cameras.

Doug

I would do that BUT I have a Sea & sea voucher so need to look at current/forthcoming products. I had asked already but there are no CP5000 housings for sale in the UK at S & S dealers now. Thanks for the advice though....

Andy

There is an announcement about the DX5400 housing on the Japanese site:

www.seaandsea.co.jp

Check out the housing set up for the fisheye converter (from the Japanese site):

5400_fishueys.gif

Cheers

James

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements