volkerbassen

Whale shark documentary

Dear all, here a short documentary about whale sharks and conservation efforts, enjoy! http://vimeo.com/23125193

[vimeohd]23125193[/vimeohd]

Very sad and very powerful. The history of Kenya's fisheries is a long line of lessons on how NOT to treat our coast seas. The work you are doing is one of the first brights spots I have seen there. Congratulations and please, PLEASE keep up this great work!

- Shawn

Very sad and very powerful. The history of Kenya's fisheries is a long line of lessons on how NOT to treat our coast seas. The work you are doing is one of the first brights spots I have seen there. Congratulations and please, PLEASE keep up this great work!

- Shawn

Wonderful! Are you going to submit it to film festivals? What are your plans for it?

Lovely film Volker and so sad about the whaleshark with his cordal fin cut off. Us humans can be such stupid creatures!! :D

Keep up the great work,

Jo

Very very nice! Will share on my FB. Pls keep up the good work!

Watched travel program made by a Taiwanese TV station last night. They were visiting Congo (not the ex Zaire). At the make-shift fish market on the beach, there were many good-size hammerhead sharks, all finless. The fishermen were selling the bodies to be made into salted fish, while the fins would be collected by a "middle-man(?)". The travel prog host asked if the fins were expensive & the answer was no, the meat was! Poor fishermen, being exploited or should I be happy that they did not know the true value of the shark's fin? Note that there were many other good size fish at the market...

Sponsors

Advertisements