Hi Folks

An idea came to me when on my last dive trip, I was re-threading my 7D's camera strap back for a topside excursion after our diving was over. I do like my Up-Strap brand camera straps as you could basically do jumping jacks and the camera will stay put on your shoulder....I digress. :D

Fast forward a couple of months and while perusing the REI counters, I came upon the S-Biner, a tiny carabiner for keys etc. The smallest one is rated for 2.5lbs but that's I think the effort needed to open the spring clips, then a quick look at the Optech catalog produced this:

adaptit1.jpg

adaptit2.jpg

The clips are locked closed by heat shrink tubing. But I was careful to ensure that the clips that go on the camera will still slide down to let me open the clip and remove from the Optech Adaptits. The Adapt-Its are made from something like PVC and looks to be a pretty sturdy product. So now, for those of us who don't have a dedicated UW body. This $12 option might just work for you.

cheers

Stu

This $12 option might just work for you.

Thanks! :D

Do you have any links where we may be able to get this on-line?

Optech camera straps have Fastex-type buckles, leaving a short nylon web at either end that would probably fit into most housings, certainly the larger ones...

... though you can refit their straps in 30 seconds, anyway.

Tim

:D

Here's an Adorama link for the Adapt-its. Not in stock at B&H

http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default....ptech+Adapt-its

the S-Biners are available on Ebay, I'm using the Size 1.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&...-All-Categories

getting Fastex to fit in housings depends on the housing. My Aquatica is pretty snug around the camera plus, I've had it happen when the straps flop about in the housing and end up obstructing or blocking a control. Refitting straps is fine, however the ends do get frayed over time.

Cheers

Stu

another option is the Blackrapid strap which attaches to a fitting screwed into the tripod thread. i find the Blackrapid more comfortable long periods (particularly with heavier lenses) and easier to use

Sponsors

Advertisements