chilbal

What happens to Amphibico?

Is there anybode that know what hapens to Ampibico?

The 29. april I made a Paypal Transaction on 6080 USD to pay for my new Panasonic POV house, but I have still not recieved any message from Amphibico.

I have writen mails and tried to phone them several times the last 2 weeks - but I cant get through to them and they dont answer my mails - whats happening?

From the facebook site "amphibico 360" I have had message, that other have the same experince with them - so be award - dont send any money before they answer the phone or mail

regards

Bent Yde Jørgensen

Chilbal Film

Møllevej 12, Reersø

4281 Gørlev

Tlf. 5121 3057, 5920 9264

www.chilbal.dk Mail: chilbal@os.dk

I am wondering what happened to them as well. They were supposed to have a first run of the Endeavor for the XF100 around April 17. I have called and e-mailed several times since then, and there have been no replies. JC had a phone mail message a few weeks ago that said that they would be on Easter vacation until May. Last week I think his message said he was taking an opportunity for some time off in early May. Still, it seems strange that they are essentially offline for all this time.

Pat

I am wondering what happened to them as well. They were supposed to have a first run of the Endeavor for the XF100 around April 17. I have called and e-mailed several times since then, and there have been no replies. JC had a phone mail message a few weeks ago that said that they would be on Easter vacation until May. Last week I think his message said he was taking an opportunity for some time off in early May. Still, it seems strange that they are essentially offline for all this time.

Pat

I recently ordered a housing with one of their dealers in the States and was told everything is backed up due to the vacation time, I guess it was plant wide???? I sure hope they start shipping soon, I am putting a trip on hold until the housing arrives.

Does anyone have any definite information about Amphibico?

I'm hearing rumors that they have ceased operation.

Does anyone know if that's true?

Does anyone have any definite information about Amphibico?

I'm hearing rumors that they have ceased operation.

Does anyone know if that's true?

I just got a housing from them about 60 days ago and I had some phone numbers for staff there so I gave them a try. The phones are working but everyone has a full voice mailbox. This would be very sad but it doesn't look good.

Would be a real shame but I would be surprised, they just announced a couple of new housings. Maybe they are just really busy :)

Merged the 2 threads together.

I have sad but confirmed news, Amphibico has ceased operations at this time and is for sale or looking for an investor.

I have sad but confirmed news, Amphibico has ceased operations at this time and is for sale or looking for an investor.

That's really crappy news.

I ordered a housing from Submerge Camera in Mid April, Submerge has been keeping in touch with me through out this ordeal. The latest news from yesterday was that the sales person was in contact with the owner and their order was shipping out this Friday. They indicated that there is a new owner in the works. Also Submerge indicated that they will be an official repair and service center for Amphibico.

Hopefully since I did purchase my housing with a company here in the states if for some reason the housing is not available, I will have options.

Becky

Yes confirmed SAD NEWS. I received this email from Amphibico today "....since April 21st Bank recall our loans that forced the owners to closed-shut down the Amphibico division...If you placed an order after that date and we can complete it, you will be contacted soon as we plan to honored parts and warranty service still.

thanks you for your friendships and understandings regards"

Hey all,

After talks and evaluation of the situation, Submerge Camera will not be a repair facility for Amphibico. We just would not feel comfortable being a reresentative of the line with so much instability at this time.

We hope to see a recovery for Amphibico as they have been a well respected mfg. over the years.

If they do come back maybe thier first new housing can be called the Phoenix.....

Good Diving!

Very sad... Amphibico made some cool, reliable housings :B):

Lets hope they get back on track

Dive safe

DeanB

yes, it is very sad indeed for such a nice hard working video housing manufacturer to close down their business. Hope this is only temporary and they can recover soon and continue their production line !!!

Take care, Amphibico !!! We will still support you in the future !!

Edmond

Amphibico was very prompt with their reply and helped me quite a bit when I had troubles with my local customs. I would hate to see them gone. Keep the same team, I will still support them should they come back.

They were the only company, aside from Gates, who made housings for the higher end cams. That leaves Gates on the top of the Apex.

Steve

They were the only company, aside from Gates, who made housings for the higher end cams. That leaves Gates on the top of the Apex.

Steve

Sssshhhh don't tell John that he will put the prices up!!! :)

Dive safe

DeanB

What a bummer, just gone and dinged by 94 degree port in the Red Sea and the UK supplier cannot even get spares for their own rental Phenoms. Still have the flat port but will have to hope nothing goes wrong with the rest of my housing!!!

Here is hoping someone takes over the company.

Roger

Hi Roger,

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but Amphibico's owner has shut the housing manufacture operation down, and is not seeking to sell it.

I quote from an email from him:

....because we are closing up Amphibico now. The market has changed so severely, new camera technology in the video camcorders has not kept pace with the DSLR's, spending in the market has decreased hugely and I would have to invest very heavily in new R&D to see returns only in 3 or 4 years. I just turned 64 so I'm not interested in doing that.

There is still a ready second hand market though-I would suggest posting ads here on Wetpixel and on other underwater videography oriented sites.

Sorry again.

Adam

Very sad for the brand. I bought my first housing DiveBuddy II in 1995. After that in 2006 I bought the Evo for my HDR-HC1. Specs on their website said 'manual focus'. Housing arrives, no manual focus, just 'Focus lock'. A long discussion, but they were not willing to take back the housing of do some sort of compensation. A few days later they changed the txt in to 'focus lock'. I guess they thought I had a point!

April 19 I mailed JC and told about my lensport problem. Without any hesitation he said, "just send it in and I'll send you a new one for free". Wow... that's great I thought. But 'if an offer looks to good to be true, it ...is!! I send in my lens and from that moment, no more contact with Amphibico. Old lens gone, no new one.

JC just send a mail that he was no longer employed by Amphibico since April 21... Wait a minute, April 19 - April 21? Mmmm...

I think it's very sad they are out of business, but things like this don't happen just like that. Also the generosity about the new lens? They guy who ordered for 6K and didn't receive his order? I've got a bad taste in my mouth.

Light & Motion / Gates... see you soon.

To all who lost their gear and money. That's life, shit happens. Let's all just buy gear and dive!

It's much better down there... It's a better place! (Enzo, Le Grand Blue.)

What a bummer, just gone and dinged by 94 degree port in the Red Sea and the UK supplier cannot even get spares for their own rental Phenoms. Still have the flat port but will have to hope nothing goes wrong with the rest of my housing!!!

Here is hoping someone takes over the company.

Roger

I am at five hours drive from Montreal and I have the same probleme.

I am diving four time a week for a live interpretation activity.

I am just hoping that my housing will be OK for the end of the season.

Stéphane

I think it's very sad they are out of business, but things like this don't happen just like that. Also the generosity about the new lens? They guy who ordered for 6K and didn't receive his order? I've got a bad taste in my mouth.

Light & Motion / Gates... see you soon.

To all who lost their gear and money. That's life, shit happens. Let's all just buy gear and dive!

It's much better down there... It's a better place! (Enzo, Le Grand Blue.)

Just have to tell, that Paypall did a great job and I got my 6 K back, because I made a made a claim to Paypal.

After a few weeks, I got my money back, and today I have a Gates house for my Panasonic POV – great house

Edited by chilbal

Sponsors

Advertisements