brandonmc

D7000 off New Jersey on the wreck of the STOLT DAGALI

Had awesome conditions yesterday on the STOLT DAGALI (130 fsw), with 30-40 feet of visibility with plenty of ambient light and 43 degrees on the wreck. Finally got some quality time in with my D7000 in Aquatica housing. Shot some video too but that will probably take a while to edit since it's new territory for me.

bedford_stolt10.jpg

bedford_stolt6.jpg

bedford_hatch.jpg

bedford_stolt5.jpg

So I managed to shoot a little video as well... all of this is shot above 100' to give you an idea of the size of the wreck (it's on its side in 130). My first try so be kind :)

Your pictures look great to me, and I enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing your adventure. What lens did you use?

PS 130 feet! Too deep for me.

Edited by Don in Colorado

It's nice to see green water images, sharp and full of interest. I guess that it's not really needed at 100', but were you on a rebreather, too?

Tim

:)

Really cool green water shots. Number 1 is fantastic.

I can see a halo in the top of all the portrait style shots. maybe internal flash on the lens cover?

Really cool green water shots. Number 1 is fantastic.

I can see a halo in the top of all the portrait style shots. maybe internal flash on the lens cover?

Yeah I'm not sure what is going on with the halo, and need to look into it. I dont think the internal flash was on unless I popped it up by accident (and even then I think it should just be using the external strobes?). What do you mean when you say lens cover?

Thanks.

I have red somewhere on here that if you are using internal flash to trigger your strobes that sometimes you can get small amounts of light leaking into the port and reflecting of the metal element at the front of the lens. The lens cover was a bad explanation sorry it was early.

there is an easy fix though by cutting out some foam that fits around the lens almost like a focus gear to stop any light passing through. But if you are not using your internal flash to trigger the strobes then I m not sure what it is.

Hope this helps

Sponsors

Advertisements