PRC

Current Egypt water temp

Can someone chip in with the current water temp in Egypt - trip later this week and want to figure 5mm or 3mm.

Ralph ? you are out there already any insight ?

Paul C

Hi Paul,

I am chasing it too. I would say definitely 5mm and hood. My guess would be 24˚C. Will let everyone know when I hear.

Alex

Just got back from a trip deep south last Friday. Our dive guides said the water is around 2 degrees cooler than normal at the moment. Most people on the boat were in 5mm, I managed on a 3mm shortie for most of the week before admitting defeat on the last day and doning my 5mm.

Actual temps were 26 - 27 in the south, and 25 - 26 in the north (north in this case being around Marsa Alam).

Hope that helps.

It should be noted Paul that Alex wears a hood in anything under 30. It's been rumored that he wore a 3mm in the resort hot tub.

Cheers,

Steve

Well Steve I am with Alex - I always wear a hood.

In my case it is because I don't like the water in my ears.

Bizarre but actually true!

Thanks Wizbowes - 5mm it is ( and hood ).

Paul C

Hi,

I have seen both in hoods they do look alike well the hoods do anyway :(:)

It will be great to see you all again, breakfast Sunday morning Paul I will have

My side kick with me. We should be at Gatwick at about 6.30am.

See you then,

Andy

There will be no confusion if you look over the respective shoulder and consider the images on the pc screen Andy.

Mine will be the crap ones.

Staying overnight near Gatwick so not aiming to be in the airport too early.

Your partner in crime has my cell number and if he is not glued to the thing dictating last minute deals I will send a text when I am in.

Paul C

Also Andy can we start a sweepstake as to what day your partner will fall ill ?

Say a pound a head and nearest takes all - I am in for say Wed - how about you?

Paul C

Paul he has told me that he will be doing his bet NOT to get injured or I'll all week.

We can only hope, but I will be looking after him all week :):( Well someone has to

But I dare say something will happen it would not be Jarret if it did not.

Andy

You are not wrong there.

Someone has to be 'responsible adult' and I was assigned the task last trip and there were sharks in the water - you have obviously all of the required qualities for such a hardship post.

So Alex where is your pound then ?

Paul C

Edited by PRC

The plan is to go straight to the wreck - so he doesn't have time for something to happen and he misses the dives! :)

Alex

A cunning plan indeed Alex - but I have confidence in mankind and the plan is just that - a plan.

And where is your pound going ? surely not bad form to bet on one of your valued punters is it ?

Paul C

Greetings gents!

Thanks for this thread. I would have just packed my 3mm and hood, so the info is timely. I'm staying the night before as well and will have Saturday to spend either in the big city or strolling the streets of Brighton. Thoughts?

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Gatwick! I'll be the bald guy - not Julian, the other bald guy, the one with the funny accent.

Cheers!

Phil

Water temp is about 24. It can be 26 in shallows but if current picks up have been getting 23. I am still in drysuit but i am an acclimatised poof!!!

Drysuit - now that is a bit - er - lightweight, but thanks for the info Duncan if you are in town maybe we will trip over you for a drink on the return leg,

No problem Phil - you can buy me a beer anytime.

My vote is always with Brighton as I hate London and if it is hot I hate London even more.

Paul C

Drysuit - now that is a bit - er - lightweight, but thanks for the info Duncan if you are in town maybe we will trip over you for a drink on the return leg,

Very lightweight!!! haha!!

Would be great to meet up if you guys are in town. What dates are you out on the boat? (I am assuming its a safari). I am out on safari 22nd - 28th May so may bump into you in the blue!

Have fun!

Just a quick note, they are being very strict on visa / passports at the moment so don't forget to get the 15$ stamp at the airport!!

Duncan

Same dates Duncan.

This is Alex M's photography group trip on Whirlwind.

Paul C

Same dates Duncan.

This is Alex M's photography group trip on Whirlwind.

Paul C

Ah, good stuff.....I will be on Snapdragon so will wave if we see you.......

Will be in Tavern on 28th in Naama.

Have a great trip!

Duncan

Are you receiving duff gen? A bit further south it was 25C six weeks ago...

Lucky b******s, I've just been to Wales!

Tim

:)

Given we are probably going to be pushing the in water times it is all 5mm (+ hood) territory for me !

Thanks to all.

Paul C

Nuweiba on Monday was 23 degrees C!

I think I'll wait for Shetland next month: it's barely colder!

Tim

:B):

Sponsors

Advertisements