Sign in to follow this  
bversteegh

wanted - fisheye battery charger for HG20 light

Hi - anybody out there have a spare charger and maybe batteries for the old Fisheye HG20 halogen focusing light? I know these lights had a bad history of flooding - so maybe a charger out there without a home?

My charger is giving me fits (batteries will never start to charge) most of the time, and then occasionally works. One of my batteries is new last year; so I think it is a charger issue and not the battery.

Hi - anybody out there have a spare charger and maybe batteries for the old Fisheye HG20 halogen focusing light? I know these lights had a bad history of flooding - so maybe a charger out there without a home?

My charger is giving me fits (batteries will never start to charge) most of the time, and then occasionally works. One of my batteries is new last year; so I think it is a charger issue and not the battery.

Sorry I do not have spare charger but, I think I can share my experiance. I have old HG20 & new FIX LED1000DX and both use same type battery. the battery I use with LED1000DX is new & has same

problem you have & I thought I have problem with charger too. As I have 2 working chargers, I tested both chargers with old & new batteries & still have same problem. The story I was told is that it is

Li-Ion Battery issue. Basically, these batteries should not be used more than 50% of capacity and charge it immediately if it was used more than 50%. It will not start charging it if you use more than 50% &

forgot to charge 2-3 days. I recovered it after I try to start 10-20 times + put it on charger like 5-6 days.

I think the charger came with LED1000DX is little better(almost same) & is available at;

http://reefphoto.com/index.php?main_page=p...4c6597add3e654f

Sam

Hi Bruce, I've got a bunch (Sadly) let me know.

Rand

Sorry I do not have spare charger but, I think I can share my experiance. I have old HG20 & new FIX LED1000DX and both use same type battery. the battery I use with LED1000DX is new & has same

problem you have & I thought I have problem with charger too. As I have 2 working chargers, I tested both chargers with old & new batteries & still have same problem. The story I was told is that it is

Li-Ion Battery issue. Basically, these batteries should not be used more than 50% of capacity and charge it immediately if it was used more than 50%. It will not start charging it if you use more than 50% &

forgot to charge 2-3 days. I recovered it after I try to start 10-20 times + put it on charger like 5-6 days.

I think the charger came with LED1000DX is little better(almost same) & is available at;

http://reefphoto.com/index.php?main_page=p...4c6597add3e654f

Sam

Do You use the same battery of the 20 on the 1000? what about the burning time ?

I have a Dx20 and I would upgrade to a 1000 ... is it possible just changing the bulb ?

thanks

vito

Hi Bruce, I've got a bunch (Sadly) let me know.

Rand

I am in need of one as well. Are these still available? Or does anybody have any for sale?

I've got a Fix HG20DX light with charger and battery I'd be happy to sell on if anyone if interested in having a full set. I just don't use it very often. It all works. I just don't have the red/blue filters for it but I do have a spare bulb.

If you are interested, PM me.

Tim

Hi Bruce,

I have a question no one has touched upon. What color is your charging base? Black or silver? I have had two DX20 lights purchased new for many years. I experienced the same battery problems in the past but several years ago Backscatter replaced one of my chargers under warranty, the new one has a silver base. After that replacement I never experienced any battery problems ever again. I've had both the original Ni-cads that came with the lights new and over the years I've replaced them with new li-Ion batteries. One of the Li-Ion batteries was defective and wouldn't hold a good charge. All the Li-Ion batteries I have now will run 45-50minutes at full power. If you do find a used charger make sure it has the silver base (battery holder). Try Backscatter as another source for a replacement.

Dan

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements