Hi Andre,

Very nice shots.

Just want to know if you don't mind me giving some thoughts about your pics. Maybe to improve them a little. Not that I am any better but I always welcome positive criticism. Let me know.

Would like to see more, if you have.

Thanks for sharing,

Cheers,

Henrik

Recently returned from Ambon and have posted some pictures at http://andresmith.speedalbum.com/Ambon%20M...2011/index.html. Its an underwater photographer's dream come true! The folks and guides at Maluku Divers are awesome.

Is that a nudibranch/Seaslug? Very nice...especially with the other little buddy right next to it...Patience and luck, very important ....

Cheers

Love your Harlequin shrimp shot. beautiful

Love the photos, especially the saron shrimp, bumblebee shrimp, and pipefish carrying eggs. Lots of winners and rare critters. Great selection!

Great pics on your site! Another vote for the ringed pipefish with eggs. Ambon is most definitely critter heaven!

Phil

Thanks for all the comments folks.

Eileen, due to weather conditions most of our diving was in the bay itself. With so much incredible macro around it was no hardship and I only tried some wide angle under the pier and on the wreck. But for sure, as your pictures show, there are plenty of wide angle opportunities around as well.

Henrik, I was trying to photograph this tiny Flabellina ( i think it is ) , when this even tinier little juvie swam right into the frame! Very cute little bugger. And of course, I would welcome any comments you have!

post-1323-1307071964.jpg

Thanks for all the comments folks.

Eileen, due to weather conditions most of our diving was in the bay itself. With so much incredible macro around it was no hardship and I only tried some wide angle under the pier and on the wreck. But for sure, as your pictures show, there are plenty of wide angle opportunities around as well.

Henrik, I was trying to photograph this tiny Flabellina ( i think it is ) , when this even tinier little juvie swam right into the frame! Very cute little bugger. And of course, I would welcome any comments you have!

Very nice images especially the ones on your site.

What is your equipment?

Thanks Secretsea!

The macro was mostly done with a Canon 50D and Tamron 60mm macro, and some with 5D2 with Canon 100mm macro

Nice sets. Thanks for sharing.

It was a pleasure to meet you. :)

EJ.

Edited by escape

Nice sets. Thanks for sharing.

It was a pleasure to meet you. :)

EJ.

Hey, thanks EJ. Likewise it was a pleasure! Your video brought back many happy memmories. Needs to be repeated soon.

Some awesome pictures there and see you got your snoot working to perfection.

Cheers, Andre

Sponsors

Advertisements