Klausi

Canon 5D II Video Newbe

Dear All,

After years of shooting stills, I am hoping to shoot my first uw video using my canon 5D II. I am hoping to capture some macro action, using my USM 100 mm lens. Any tips? Any things I should never, or definitely do? Using a shutter speed 2x the frame rate is something I read here to be advisable. How about the light placement? Right now I have one strong led light rigged to the top of the camera, will that be any good? How about bringing a small tripod with me to place the camera on, or should I weigh it down?

My apologies if I missed any threads answering all of that, thank you for pointing them out if so.

Best,

Klaus

Okinawa

Hi Klaus,

I'm thinking you'll need some way to hold the camera steady. Macro is very tough to shoot without a tripod. You'll need to be working at high f stops to get the largest depth of field you can get. What subjects are you planning to shoot?

Steve

Hi Klaus,

I'm thinking you'll need some way to hold the camera steady. Macro is very tough to shoot without a tripod. You'll need to be working at high f stops to get the largest depth of field you can get. What subjects are you planning to shoot?

Steve

Yes, I was considering that. I have a cheap & small tripod which I am considering to bring.

Right now in Okinawa there are lots of nudibranchs, I was thinking that these, since they are slow movers, would make a good subject for my 1st steps.

Best,

Klaus

Sponsors

Advertisements