Sign in to follow this  
mreid

Dive Damaii Two

Going on the Damai II in October to Alor. Has anyone taken them up on their offer to provide the dive gear free?

If you are visiting Beanggabang Bay, which seems likely, you might consider taking small presents for the kids. They will paddle out to your boat to watch the crazy western people. They seemed most interested in food, which we did not hand out, but they were quite willing to accept colored pencils and similar gifts. Bring them a sharpener and show them how to use it on a pencil from the dingy when giving them out.

Just a thought.

Sorry, I cannot help with your specific question.

If you are visiting Beanggabang Bay, which seems likely, you might consider taking small presents for the kids. They will paddle out to your boat to watch the crazy western people. They seemed most interested in food, which we did not hand out, but they were quite willing to accept colored pencils and similar gifts. Bring them a sharpener and show them how to use it on a pencil from the dingy when giving them out.

Just a thought.

Sorry, I cannot help with your specific question.

This is our third trip to the area. Thanks for reminding me about the gifts for the kids. I'll probably just pick them up while I'm in Denpasar.

Going on the Damai II in October to Alor. Has anyone taken them up on their offer to provide the dive gear free?

I was on Damai I for two weeks in Raja Ampat in Dec and am going back in March for an extended Komodo to East Nusa Tenggara trip. I brought my own Atomic regs, mask and Polartec wetsuit and used their fins and BCD. I was not able to attach my SS1 to their BC. Their gear was OK, but I missed my beloved gear. You can pack very light on clothing. They do your laundry on board for free, so you don't need much, but the camera gear took priority over everything else.

All my gear is super lightweight, Myflex hoses, etc, so for the Komodo trip I'll bring all my own stuff, but I don't have to fly on Express Air or Lyon Air to get to the boat. We fly into Labuan Bajo this time.

So I guess the bottom line is, if you love your own gear enough to pay up to $7 a pound each way to bring it with you, then budget that. We didn't have to pay for excess baggage (combination of group check-in and pure luck) but several others on the boat weren't so lucky. Also, the excess baggage rates posted on the airline websites are only estimates. Reality is what happens when you get to the airport.

If you do use their gear, let them know well ahead of time exactly what you want, so they can have it on the boat when you arrive.

Hope this helps!

Bonnie

Edited by underwatercolours

I stock scuba pro regs and bcds on the damai 1. Along with scubapro twin jet fins and all ranges of 3mm and 5mm wetsuits, computers are suunto and uwatec. I think the new boat will have same, it will all be brand new then :rolleyes:

My wife and I are also going on the Damai 2 in Oct. but for next year and wondered if they had larger tanks available than AL 80's.

When we were at Seraya Secrets recently I used a 100 and with my wife using an 80 and it worked out very well.

Thanks. John

Yes, we stock 3 sizes of tanks: 63 (10L), 80 (12 L) and 100 (15L). Nitrox is free ;)

Yes, we stock 3 sizes of tanks: 63 (10L), 80 (12 L) and 100 (15L). Nitrox is free :dance:

Excellent. Thanks Mike.

Can't wait till our trip next year on the D2 in Oct.

John

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements