sucinimad

Missing bulkhead cap on nauticam t2i

Hi. I'm very new to the hobby and I need your help. I tried searching without any success.

My nauticam housing is missing one of the bulkhead caps. Is this required before using it underwater? Will there be any water damage?

Thanks,

Hi. I'm very new to the hobby and I need your help. I tried searching without any success.

My nauticam housing is missing one of the bulkhead caps. Is this required before using it underwater? Will there be any water damage?

Thanks,

If it is the fiber optic bulkhead then there is no worry. If it is an electrical bulkhead then yes indeed it will not be good to take it UW without the cap.

Bill

If it is the fiber optic bulkhead then there is no worry. If it is an electrical bulkhead then yes indeed it will not be good to take it UW without the cap.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. It's an optical bulkhead so I feel better now. For future, where I can buy a replacement cap?

For future, where I can buy a replacement cap?

What part of the world?

The closest Nauticam dealer is Blue Abyss (760) 741-2583. They are in La Jolla now I think. I don't have any experience with them personally. You could always give Backscatter or Reef Photo a call and they will send the little brown truck. Seems a shame to use all that gas for a little cap though. Maybe you could buy a new focus light or something, make it worth the trip. Hey, the new 45 degree viewfinder looks pretty sweet. ;)

Cheers,

Steve

You still on comission from visa there Steve?

Paul C

You still on comission from visa there Steve?

Paul C

I wish!!!

The closest Nauticam dealer is Blue Abyss (760) 741-2583. They are in La Jolla now I think. I don't have any experience with them personally. You could always give Backscatter or Reef Photo a call and they will send the little brown truck. Seems a shame to use all that gas for a little cap though. Maybe you could buy a new focus light or something, make it worth the trip. Hey, the new 45 degree viewfinder looks pretty sweet. ;)

Cheers,

Steve

Blue Abyss is run by a great guy, Dave Hinkel. Give him a call he is working hard to give us in SoCal a shop of our own. Of course he would be happier if you wanted to buy like another housing but he will help you out.

Bill

Sponsors

Advertisements