Sign in to follow this  
Neptun 100

May 2012 - PNG + Solomon or Tonga ?

If you want great diving, go to the Solomons. You'll have no trouble finding lots of reasons on the web.

Besides, there are direct flights from Port Moresby to Honiara (about 2 hours) whereas getting to Tonga would take at least two days, two or three flights, and an overnight stop

If you want great diving, go to the Solomons. You'll have no trouble finding lots of reasons on the web.

Besides, there are direct flights from Port Moresby to Honiara (about 2 hours) whereas getting to Tonga would take at least two days, two or three flights, and an overnight stop

Hit the Solomons.

I went there last year and it was incredible.

Go to the reefs on Kolombangara and you'll see ;)

i'm going to PNG in May for 3 weeks , after PNG i want to make

another dive trip... should it be Solomon island or Tonga ?

please answer in my FB page..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Underwater-p...221805451183408

thank you

amir

Amir some time in October I shall be travelling down to PNG to take up a post of work, I've not been yet but I will be shipping my gear from Saudi.

can you give me a hint as to the types of facilities down there, e.g. what type of compressors do you find there?

Wyn O Facebook

i'm going to PNG in May for 3 weeks , after PNG i want to make

another dive trip... should it be Solomon island or Tonga ?

I've done a few dives in Tonga, in the Ha'apai island group, and there was nothing to see there. No coral, very few fish, and no large fish. During one dive I did have the joy of listening to a humpback singing the entire time, but the whales don't arrive there until July-August.

You could go to Fiji. They have fabulous diving, and are a transport hub for flights to many major cities.

-Gina

Edited by gina

"I've done a few dives in Tonga, in the Ha'apai island group, and there was nothing to see there. No coral, very few fish, and no large fish."

You must've been taken to some of the worst dive sites in Ha'apai if you didn't see any coral or any large fish.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements