Oceantony

Bonaire Divi Flamingo or Captains Don Habitat?

I am planning a trip to Bonaire August 7-14, I need help. I am not interested on truck diving. Mostly interested on a good house reef and boat diving. Which of the two locations and why? I will be taking pictures Ikelite DSLR housing with two DS 125.

Thanks a lot!

Oceantony

I am planning a trip to Bonaire August 7-14, I need help. I am not interested on truck diving. Mostly interested on a good house reef and boat diving. Which of the two locations and why? I will be taking pictures Ikelite DSLR housing with two DS 125.

Thanks a lot!

Oceantony

The pier facilities at Divi is the best i've seen at Bonaire , with lockers and lots of space so makes your life easier for shore diving . I didn't use their boats .

Captains Don you must walk from the dive center to the pier with your gear although is not a big distance .

I terms of house reef , ( La Machaca/ at Captains Don vs. Calabas Reef ) i think i liked better Calabas, but not big difference . If i was you i will reconsider truck diving , that way you can dive the place you want as many times you like and different times of the day ( very important for light quality ) ; that's the most productive for u/w photography . Boats will limit your dive time/profile , you will have more people in the middle , the choosing of places are much less flexible and their time schedule is fixed .

Enjoy Bonaire

The pier facilities at Divi is the best i've seen at Bonaire , with lockers and lots of space so makes your life easier for shore diving . I didn't use their boats .

Captains Don you must walk from the dive center to the pier with your gear although is not a big distance .

I terms of house reef , ( La Machaca/ at Captains Don vs. Calabas Reef ) i think i liked better Calabas, but not big difference . If i was you i will reconsider truck diving , that way you can dive the place you want as many times you like and different times of the day ( very important for light quality ) ; that's the most productive for u/w photography . Boats will limit your dive time/profile , you will have more people in the middle , the choosing of places are much less flexible and their time schedule is fixed .

Enjoy Bonaire

Thanks a lot!

Sponsors

Advertisements