Sign in to follow this  
Cal

hasselblad 500cm

Hey guys

How would a Hasselblad 500c/m and a 50mm go underwater? is that just a portrait setup? I want to shoot models with it and have found a hasselblad and housing combo thats in my budget but i'm worried 50mm is not wide enough.

Thoughts?

Cal

Hey guys

How would a Hasselblad 500c/m and a 50mm go underwater? is that just a portrait setup? I want to shoot models with it and have found a hasselblad and housing combo thats in my budget but i'm worried 50mm is not wide enough.

Thoughts?

Cal

It's like a 28mm in 35mm terms.

Cheers!

I wasnt sure if it translated to the same viewing angle as a 35mm format lens.

This is shot with the 50mm - to give you a feel for coverage:

hass2.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality - it is actually a photo of the slide taken with a 1MP digital compact (back in the day!).

Alex

Thanks Alex - Picutres tell a thousand words. thats perfect for what I want to do

50 mm is wide enough?

I'm not sure what housing you plan to use the blue old Hassy housing with flat port or custom one with Dome port ?

depend on what you shooting ? if you shooting on Digital back it should be crop to 6x4.5

I've use Gates H38 with Dome port on hassy SWC it's Ok for reef shot but for medium format DOF is very shallow! and it's not SLR you have to look through viewfinder

after a few year of H38 I'm change to Aquatica 67 for Mamiya RZ it's more better with 37 mm fisheye and 50 wide on 6x7 in Dome port

but it's 12 years ago with 12 shots on 120 and 24 shots on 220 for 6x6 format?

today I use 5dMk2

Hey Nat

Thanks for the detailed response.

I'm using the old blue hassy housing with the flat port and the 50mm lens.

Shooting 6x7 underwater must be unreal. I'd love to get a housed Mamiya RZ. amazing camera.

I can get away with only 12 shots as i'm shooting in a pool and therefor its easy for me to jump up and change films etc

Cal

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements