davichin

New 40mm 2.8G AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR

i'm surprised no one has commented so far - if i still shot DX UW (or ever return to it) i'd snatch one up for $280 - I do love the 60mm on full frame and this is obviously designed to emulate that.

I remember reading comments on here a few years ago before full frame digital about how people missed the 60mm's FOV on film. Well, here it is for DX, and not a bad price tag either.

looks good - will probably work with the Kenko teleconvertors(?).

and for land use will be nice too.

280USD - good value.

With a barrel length considerably shorter than the 60mm and with a wider angle of view that the 60mm, it might need a new port on some housings, which would add to the expense. Especially to aid lighting when subjects are close to the port.

Look forward to trying it. Certainly more motivated to try this than the 85mm.

Alex

p.s. It's release also indicates Nikon's plans to stick with DX in pro bodies. Making the D400 seem ever more likely. Late August anyone (4 years exactly after D300 and D3 announcement)?

Sorry I did not find it was already reported & could not delete it.

Here is picture of lens.

post-815-1310809489.jpg

Edited by shchae

I have also been hearing late August rumors for the D400 Alex... Yes, this lens is a good value, but as Alex says, it's very likely that it won't work on a flat port for the 60mm...

Did anyone get to try if it worked/focused with teleconverters?

With a barrel length considerably shorter than the 60mm and with a wider angle of view that the 60mm, it might need a new port on some housings, which would add to the expense. Especially to aid lighting when subjects are close to the port.

Look forward to trying it. Certainly more motivated to try this than the 85mm.

Alex

p.s. It's release also indicates Nikon's plans to stick with DX in pro bodies. Making the D400 seem ever more likely. Late August anyone (4 years exactly after D300 and D3 announcement)?

"Certainly more motivated to try this than the 85mm". OK, the 85 mm is a half stop slower. The 60 mm has a nice FoV in DX. I am curious why you are not motivated to try the longer lens with a 28.6 cm close focus vs. 16.3 for the 40 mm. VR would not be bad for topside. Also, the 85 mm FoV is more like the 105 mm on FX.

Bob

Edited by Deep6

Sponsors

Advertisements