Sign in to follow this  
Oceantony

What about diving on Little Cayman?

Hey looking to get away from the Fl Keys. Anyone has anything good or bad about Little Cayman in particular in the Little Cayman Beach Resort?

Thanks a lot

Oceantony

Little Cayman and the Brac have good diving. You will enjoy the bloody bay wall on little and Little Cayman Beach Resort has valet diving on Newton 48' boats. Jason runs a great dive resort. After you arrive you leave your dive gear outside your door and it is taken and set up on the dive boat for you. To dive you take your fins and mask and sit on a stool at the stern, hold your arms out and your bcd is put on you. You just do a giant stride into the water and enjoy.

The only possible down side is that little has a short runway, so the only plane in and out are Otters. This limits you on luggage, but the diving and resort are great.

Elmer

Don't know what your timing is but right now the Bracf Reef Reach Resort is running a great deal for the first 3 weeks of October. One pay one goes free. It works out to be about $950 pp and that includes 17 dives, all meals, room, taxes, service charges, etc. We were there in May and it was great! Food is wonderful as is the diving.

We were on Little Cayman the last two years before that and stayed at the LCBR. That may be even better than their Brac operation! Again beautiful resort with some of the best food you will have anywhere. I think the diving in Little Cayman is the best in the Caribbean.

You would not be disappointed in either location. It is a little easier flying into the Brac because the bigger jets can land there. Like Elmer said they only land the twin otters on Little Cayman but it's not a really big deal unless you have lots of luggage. We have always had our luggage make it on the same flight or at the very worse case, it arrived the next morning when we had the last flight in the previous day but it wasn't a problem.

Both Little Cayman and the Brac have very good diving. Little has the famous "bloody bay wall" and the Brac has the Tibbetts wreck. Little Cayman Beach Resort is run by Jason and the Brac Reef is run by Trudy, both are wonderful people who do a first class job. Staying at either you will do a trip to the other island for two morning dives. I must warn you to be prepared to gain a few pounds, the food is great.

Elmer

Edited by eyu

Hey OceanTony!

I wrote a trip report last year about Little Cayman Beach Resort and the diving in the area. Check it out here

Hope it's helpful.

Cheers!

Jen

We went to Little Cayman and Brac a couple of years ago. And I can say that the diving is really quite good. We did it by liveaboard, so I can't comment on the resort. Although we did get a massage there, and it looks like a typically dive resort. Bloody Bay wall was fantastic. and the Tibbetts wreck is fun. Much better than Grand Cayman when we went. Grand Cayman looks pretty beat up from all the divers and the hurricane.

We went to Little Cayman and Brac a couple of years ago. And I can say that the diving is really quite good. We did it by liveaboard, so I can't comment on the resort. Although we did get a massage there, and it looks like a typically dive resort. Bloody Bay wall was fantastic. and the Tibbetts wreck is fun. Much better than Grand Cayman when we went. Grand Cayman looks pretty beat up from all the divers and the hurricane.

I agree with everybody - Little Cayman Beach Resort is my favorite destination in the Caribbean - good food - good diving - good people - good boats and all for a good price. I love Bloody Bay Wall with Mixing Bowl (at the junction of the Jackson's Bight and Bloody Bay sections of the wall) being one of the top dives in the area - and Cayman Brac and Brac Reef Resort is awesome too - essentially the same ownership and same philosophy on valet diving - Cayman Brac has the Tibbetts and very nice reefs - less wall diving but a lot of tongue and grove diving and they make a trip or two a week over to Bloody Bay Wall anyway - you cannot go wrong in either palce. I keep coming back several times a year.

Enjoy.

Andy

Best Caribean diving I have seen. The resort is nice.

LCBR is now my wife's favorite dive destination, and with good reason. I also find it quite high on my list. I've placed comprehensive Reader Report's on Undercurrents.org for both locations within this past two years or so. I can't find them quick here to copy and paste them to this thread.

Both of these locations have sent me emails within this last couple of weeks with excellent specials for the time period just before this upcoming new year.

Little is your pick before Brac, which I'd recommend. Go to Little, then if you like it, go to Brac afterwards.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements