Sign in to follow this  
shaky

Olympus Pen EPL-2 Macro setup

Hi, I am a complete newbie and am thinking about getting the EPL-2 and the Olympus housing. What sort of macro lense would you recommend? Backscatter has a set which includes the Olympus macro conversion lens and 67mm Macro adapter. Is that a good setup for macro, or would you recommend something else?

The epl2 is slow to focus, and even slower total shutter lag, when using flash, (which is nearly 100% underwater).

The ep3 and epl3 have just been announced, and reviewed, and they have finally done a great job, with SLR speed autofocus!

They are due out in august, and olympus has already announced a housing for the epl3.

So I recommend waiting for the 3rd generation. You won't be disappointed, the shutter lag improvement is huge!

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/EP3/EP3A.HTM

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/olympusepl3

Thanks for the response. I already thought about epl3, but have a trip to Sipadan coming up in September and am afraid I wont be able to get the epl3 equipment together by then. On the other hand it might be worth the wait if this helps me getting a better system. What a dilemma.

Hi, I am a complete newbie and am thinking about getting the EPL-2 and the Olympus housing. What sort of macro lense would you recommend? Backscatter has a set which includes the Olympus macro conversion lens and 67mm Macro adapter. Is that a good setup for macro, or would you recommend something else?

I'm in the same position. I'm going away for 3 months (both diving and land) in August and need a system by then. I'd be interested to see what results people have got with the Oly macro wet lens as although I do tend to prefer wide angle it'd be nice to be able to shoot some macro as well as some of the sites I'll be visiting are big macro destinations.

Thanks,

I have not seen many good macro shots using the kit 14/45 lens and a wet macro add-on. I think you'll need a dedicated macro lens and port. In addition it is very difficult to take DSLR like macro without a viewfinder, preferably a magnified viewfinder. I would get an Olympus e-620

post-1589-1312065641.jpg

A lot of our customers have been happy with a Dyron macro lens, which you can use w/ your camera with the Olympus adapter.

The macro lens focuses slowly on the epl2.

Anyone here knows if the EPL3 also suffers the same focusing problem with the macro lens??

If you cruise for micro four thirds forums over at dpreview, it appears that the ep3 and epl3 are no faster than the epl2 in dim light conditions. Sigh.

If you cruise for micro four thirds forums over at dpreview, it appears that the ep3 and epl3 are no faster than the epl2 in dim light conditions. Sigh.

Then i guess the best way to achieve macro on the pen series is stacking up those close-up lens..

It's even cheaper that way..

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements